• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Played a new course today

namvet66

Aug 30, 2004
Well;l in the past five weekend I have played as of today four different courses here in town.

Todays course was a par 71 CC course, nice course, employees and players.

I hit for a 116 today which I think is in my average so far...My first four games wnet like this.....115,110,105 and 116.

I enjoyed each game and will continue to strife to do better.

Read reveiw found in web site.

http://www.golfreview.com/PRD_61547_3863crx.aspx

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Awesome!

If you have a digital camera and happen to think to bring it.......we love pics of all the different courses.:)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
How's the practice coming along?

Made any ground on the driver situation?

R35

OP
N

namvet66

Aug 30, 2004
R35

Me and my Driver....................still using on a limited basis. I have been using 3 wood off Tee and it serves the purpose.

I will continue to pratice with driver and oneday I will have some command over my driver.

I need to use the driver in situation (now I see) on the course where I need the extra yardage to get to the green on two hits.....it will come.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Good mind set. This will pay dividends, i assure you.

Keep that 3 wood as he go to club until you and your driver see eye to eye, even if that means once in a while, one of you go cross-eyed! ;)

Keep up the good work Nam,

R35

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
comfort level

had you played any of those specific courses in the past and if so do your scores reflect that? (ie. the low score was on a course that you knew the best and were most comfortable)

i'm thinking that as beginners we find a comfort level on a specific course but as we improve and play more courses we become more comfortable on every course. my guess is that the different courses force us to play different shots so we eventually don't think twice before we pull any club out of our bags... the driver being the only exception. :)

OP
N

namvet66

Aug 30, 2004
No, this was the first four games of my life. But I agree there is a comfort level at each course.

In my case at one of the courses the players in front of us seemed to move faster than at the previous course, so I stepped it up abit and faltered somewhat on my shots.

I have gotten somewhat comfortable pulling out clubs that before I tended to avoid........except the DREADED DRIVER...ONE DAY, it gonna be mine.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
first four ever!

scores like that seem like a great start! i'm thinking you've either spent a lot of time at the range before heading out or are just naturally geared towards this game. in either case, i'm a little jealous.

OP
N

namvet66

Aug 30, 2004
Thanks for the compliment, its alot of hard work...at my agae I'm playing catch up, but I truly enjoy the game no matter what the score. :golf: :golf:

🔥 Latest posts