• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Played football ealier...

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Played football earlier...

I played football (Soccer) earlier for the first time in a few months, and I picked up several injuries and I am really annoyed..

The pitch we where playing on was damp and I hit a shot and slipped and landed right on my back sort of lower back / tailbone, it not hurts to sit down a lot, I think it is badly bruised hopefully not broken lol..

I then blocked a shot but it hit my kneecap and the guy that hit the shot hit it with a lot of conviction, and it nearly went through my knee lol, it is badly bruised and swelled up.

I then was going net/ goalie at the end and I didn't have any goalkeeper gloves and I saved a shot and it hit the tip of my fingers and they bent right back and they are very sore.

Last but not least my big toe.. I was wearing my football boots which fitted me fine 3 months ago, but my feet must have grown I immediately realized they where very tight on me but played in them anyway. I hit a shot towards the end and my big toe just started to hurt really bad I took my sock off when I got home and it is also bruised possibly broken as I can barely move it though more than likely just bruised.

Rant over, I'm sore lol..

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
not to be an ass but lessons to be learned:

1) in wet conditions sacrifice a harder shot for better footing...
2) leave shot blocking to the goalie
3) jammed fingers suck...not a lesson, but gawd they hurt
4) never..ever.. toe poke the ball...a shiver just went up my spine from my first time playing...ouch

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I played all my life, mainly in the goal, until I got older and played the field again to get in shape. After about 5 years of playing the field, I started Golf when I was 35. I tore my calf playing football, which was my first major injury next to some shoulder, and ankle problems and knee problems which bothered me since I was about 18. Spending 6 weeks on crutches and not being able to play football or golf convinced me that golf was the better way to go.

I suck at golf compared to football, but injuries are minimal and I know I will always be able to golf unless my shoulder injuries come back. I miss the competition, but a bad day on the course is better than a good day on crutches.

Members online