• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Played in an awesome scramble today

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I played in a cool 4 man scramble today here: index

Its called the Mean 18. Tee set back the whole way in the back of the back tees. Pin placements at about the hardest spots that where still possible. Greens running faster then anything I had ever played, including Bethpage Black. Adding to the fun, it was in the low to mid 50's in PA today, with a sustained 15-25 mph wind.

What a blast! My team shot an even par 72. 4 birdies and 4 bogeys. We 3 putted one greens from about 6 feet. We watch one team 4 putt from about 6 feet, as well. It was set up so that if you were in the wrong position, you were dead. We chose to chip numerous times over putting, because it was just a better angle.

I felt good because I'm usually the bomber on my scramble teams, but today I sunk 4 putts in the 10-20 foot range, 2 for birdies. Unfortunately, we came in tie for last in A flight, the winner of B flight shot 73. Shame too, as the prizes were really good, $125 pro shop credit per player. Anyway, fun day of golf today in the crazy weather.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Those Greenskeepr's revenge set ups are my fav. Just plain fun

Then you would have loved Foxboro today, worst possible pin locations. Putting was a challenge to say the least, come up short on a putt & the ball would usually roll all the way back to you & then some. Go long & it was bye bye all the way to the opposite fringe.

🔥 Latest posts