• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Played nine today

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Had a biopsy on nodules in my lungs at St. Lukes in Milwaukee Thursday and played 9 holes today (Sunday) at Petrifying Springs. Shot 44 and had two nice (250ish) drives which weren't bad considering it was mid-50's temperature. One of those drives led me to a rare birdie. I hit my iron (second shot) to five feet and made the putt.

First day in weeks the sun was out. I'm going tomorrow too. Probably the last golf of the year for me.

295yards

May 5, 2009
Had a biopsy on nodules in my lungs at St. Lukes in Milwaukee Thursday and played 9 holes today (Sunday) at Petrifying Springs. Shot 44 and had two nice (250ish) drives which weren't bad considering it was mid-50's temperature. One of those drives led me to a rare birdie. I hit my iron (second shot) to five feet and made the putt.

First day in weeks the sun was out. I'm going tomorrow too. Probably the last golf of the year for me.

Those rare birds are sacred!

If it were a straight 5ft'r I probably woulda been shakin' like a leaf,,,"is it really that cold out here"?. :biglol:

Freet

Hacker with good intentio
Aug 30, 2009
Had a biopsy on nodules in my lungs at St. Lukes in Milwaukee Thursday....

Biopsy huh? I hope the results are favorable. The first biopsy I had confirmed prostate cancer. The second confirmed the cancer had metastasized to the sternum. When will you learn the results or do you already have them and would rather not share?

and played 9 holes today (Sunday) at Petrifying Springs. Shot 44 and had two nice (250ish) drives which weren't bad considering it was mid-50's temperature. One of those drives led me to a rare birdie. I hit my iron (second shot) to five feet and made the putt.

Very nice. Days like these are what keep us coming back. Only to return to the sucky golf, but now with the hope for a day like Sunday. :)

Now that does suck. Austin is golf mecca. Wouldn't be much of an exaggeration to boast an 11 month golf season and some of the better courses I've been had the good fortune to visit. Not to mention cheap green fees. :)

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Hopefully will learn results sometime today (Monday). I'm going golfing again in a few minutes. :)

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
So yesterday (sunday) I talked to WBL on the phone and told him i'd be able to go for 9 after work today. I call on my lunch today and he's already gone! So i'm teeing off on the third hole which is right next to the tee box for #9 of the same 9holer and who roles up to that tee box.... guess who. So I striped a nice little draw right up the pipe to leave me with 140 in. Take that..... ditch me will ya. So I hit my shot in the short side bunker and two tries later i'm on the green for a two putt double. My round sucked. I don't know why I insist on playing from the tips in a two club wind. I like being humbled I guess.

How did your round go Jer?

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
My round went pretty good Bob. I didn't know (remember) about your offer and wanted to go 18 holes anyway so it worked out. 44 (again) on the red and 42 on the blue. The blue didn't feel that good but I was chipping close and making putts so even though I hacked down the fairway I scored okay. No good drives Monday. Too windy. Kept them in the fairway anyway.

I cleaned up my clubs today (in the kitchen sink using dish soap :) ) and packed them away in the closet.

:(

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
My round went pretty good Bob. I didn't know (remember) about your offer and wanted to go 18 holes anyway so it worked out. 44 (again) on the red and 42 on the blue. The blue didn't feel that good but I was chipping close and making putts so even though I hacked down the fairway I scored okay. No good drives Monday. Too windy. Kept them in the fairway anyway.

I cleaned up my clubs today (in the kitchen sink using dish soap :) ) and packed them away in the closet.

:(

Good scores. As I eluded to in another thread, I have gotten my ass handed to me at Ives the past two times I went. Today I putted for $hit to totally ruin an otherwise alright round. I insist on playing from the blues and Ives is always a minimum one club wind which makes for interesting golf. I'll just say I understand the difficulty in scoring at St. Andrews. I'll be better for it though and that's why I do it.

You really packed the clubs away? For the year? Wow. I think you should sell me those S59's for cheap.
icon10.gif

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Wait for next spring on the S59's. :D

Actually have been hitting those great lately.

🔥 Latest posts