• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Played Riverside

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
So Saturday i played 18 at Riverside golf course in Janesville

After the first 5 holes i was 5 over, shooting bogey, bogey, par, double, bogey, which is fairly solid golf for me. Hitting fairways, hitting greens or just missing but my putting was atrocious.

First 5 holes my driving was solid. Hitting a nice little baby fade that i can work with...on hole 6, my driving fell apart completely. My putting was still terrible. I was just putting horrid swings on my driver all day after that. There are several 425+ par 4's on this course and i just couldn't bring myself to go with something else off the tee.

The one thing that was good the whole day, my wedge's from 120 in. I hit the green every time i took out my 52º. Fantastic crisp shots every time with it. Not always close to the pin, but always on the green.

One particular hole i was on the inside of the dogleg, in the tree's. I couldnt seem to find my ball i hit off the tee so i dropped one. Hit it up through a opening in the tree's and landed it about 2' from the pin. After walking a few feet i found my original ball and landed that one about 1' away from the other ball mark. Two perfectly struck shots in a row....that doesn't happen very often to me.

Ended up shooting exactly 100(51&49). I REALLY need to hit the putting green. Iron play was a touch better than average and i hit more greens than i usually do considering my dismal performance off the tee. If i eliminated 3 putts i would have shot 89...:dead:

ETA: Course was in fantastic shape!!! What a great course, and although it is called riverside...there is absolutely 0 water on the course. None. Unless you slice one about 300 yards off the course...

Also, this was my first time every playing the Tips on a course. Honestly not that much different on this course...maybe 15yds average per hole longer than the whites i normally play. With how i was playing off the tee, it wouldn't have made much of a difference anyway.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Sounds like we played the same way yesterday. I started out on fire, then fell apart.

If you figure out how to get those close putts to start dropping, be sure and let me know, :laugh:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.