• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Played with a pretty good player

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Good post, but not even 1 or 2 guys that post here have the game to play on tour.

I just like giving people a false sense of hope..... :p

And now they're wondering, 'oh, is he talking about me?????' :laugh:

And like I said, they better practice their nuts off for the next 5 years. And I mean 8-10 hours, 364 days of the year.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
That's great that you are playing well Ryan. I honestly hope that you make it. But, remember as good as your putting stroke is, I won. You haven't beaten me yet. The road to the Tour goes through me. ;)

Fly me down to NC and I'll beat you this weekend.

charnockpro

Aug 25, 2005
I think this has got a little off topic!.

But a few examples of keeping going through adversity are Paul Lawrie (Open Champion) and Ian Poulter (Clothing!) these guys both turned professional of 4 handicaps in the UK and for me haven't done bad!, I think the case is learning your trade and moving up through the tours available, only then will you realise if you hit a brick wall before reaching the top that you have found your level.

bryguy

May 15, 2008
Tour pro= 1000's of hours of practice per year
Top ams= 100's of hours of practice per year

Tour pro= the top sports psychologists
Top ams= joe smoe local 'sports' psychologists

I think it is a little of both. Kinda like anyhting else, the true tops of the field have a better talent level than the top ams or the 'regular' guys. The best in sports just have an inate ability to do things better. Did any of you see the thing Golf Digest did on Tiger a while back? He is closer to the pin, gets up and down more, makes more feet of putts, heck, he even has better 'misses' than the regular tour players do. That is why he is the best, plus his work ethic.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
See you in a few years ;).

Put it this way, I have three years of school left. I am playing terrible golf right now and I haven't been over 75 in the past month. I had two rounds where I felt like I made less than 5 really bonehead moves, and those two rounds were 63 and 65.

And I'm improving a ton, and still know I have another 5-6-7-8 shots out there every round. And just ask gwlee how my putting stroke is ;).

I am not worthy of your presence...

aassets.aarp.org_www.aarp.org__cs_misc_dgar.jpg

gpo

Jun 2, 2008
It is simple. PGA Tour pros shot lower scores than club pros/great am players. Then those guys shot lowers scores than you. If you want to be on Tour take less strokes. You say how? Figure it out yourself.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.