• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Playing in the final group.

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
For the record, I don't care if Tiger or anybody else went clubbing baby seals. So long as you are putting the pelts and meat to good use I've got no problem with it at all.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
For the record, I don't care if Tiger or anybody else went clubbing baby seals. So long as you are putting the pelts and meat to good use I've got no problem with it at all.

For the sake of your own morality you'd better be joking!!!!

And even if you are that is still the sickest thing I've heard...

What the hell is your problem???

LeftyHoges

Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
You a vegitarian?

No I'm not, but we aint talkin about that, are we???

We're talking about inhumane cruelty to animals in the case of baby seals.

At least beef cattle and the like are killed in a slightly more humane way than being clubbed to death needlessly.

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
There is nothing more inhumane than the way chickens are treated if you really want to go there. Way worse than what happens to seals. Besides who are you or I to say what some impovrished eskimo does to put food on his family's table. Like I said before if the animal is not being wasted I have no problem with it. Animals were put here for us to eat and to benefit from.

Since you brought up morals, do you think I am going to hell because of the deer, squirrels, rabbits, quail and pheasants I have shot with my bow and guns?

LeftyHoges

Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
There is nothing more inhumane than the way chickens are treated if you really want to go there. Way worse than what happens to seals. Besides who are you or I to say what some impovrished eskimo does to put food on his family's table. Like I said before if the animal is not being wasted I have no problem with it. Animals were put here for us to eat and to benefit from.

Since you brought up morals, do you think I am going to hell because of the deer, squirrels, rabbits, quail and pheasants I have shot with my bow and guns?

I can't argue with the chicken thing, absolutely correct. But again, I'm not talking about eskimo's (if he HAS to do it to live, fine). I initially stated Tiger. With which you still agreed, and for what conceivable purpose would Tiger need to club a baby seal???? I think the absolute majority would agree that this is cruel, inhumane and completely unneccesary.

And I have to question your statement that animals were put on earth to be eaten.... SAYS WHO??? You're made out of meat, is it right for me to kill and eat you?

And I can't and don't judge on heaven and hell because I'm an atheist. Personally I couldn't shoot any of those animals, but thats just me. I won't do it. Simple as that, no judgement on those that do so for the purpose of necessary food or to cull because of overpopulation or pest control.

But if you put a gun to my head and forced me to tell you what I think then, yeah, hunting for entertainment purposes alone is not something I agree with. Never will. EVER.

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
dude, get with the times. "Eskimo" is considered a racist term.

Really, that's the first I heard that one. So my school teachers back in elemenary shool in the 1970s were racists when they taught us about the eskimos? This political correctness stuff is just plain stupid and I don't plan on playing the political correctness game.

Using the term eskimo is no more racist than calling my family scandinavians.

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Since race was brought into the discussion, I wonder if race is a factor when some people seemingly go nuts-o over the mere mention of the number one player in the world.

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Its amazing how these threads get hyjacked and the directions they go.

It started as a well intentioned discussion about the disadvantage of playing at the end of the day on tour.

From there we got into people's obvious hatred for Tiger Woods.

Then into clubbing seals.

Then into morals.

Then into atheism.

Then into race.

Chickens Cows and Eskimos Oh My!!!! Chickens Cows and Eskimos Oh My!!!!

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Lefty, dude why would Tiger club baby seals? Coming in to this thread late i'd have to say that you've made an attempt to hijack it. What's with all the hatin man? I think Fisher had a valid point in the OP. O.K. so he's got a man crush on Tiger, so what. Surely you could've either agreed or disagreed or leave well enough alone. I haven't been the biggest fan of some things Fisher has said, but this has turned into a blatant attack.

three puttz

Mar 30, 2009
Animals were put here for us to eat and to benefit from.

The more you talk, the smarter I feel :)

Oh... and so we're sure to stay on topic... the final group issue is pointless to me. The courses on tour in their worst possible condition still have greens that roll 10x more true than what we play on week to week.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
i'd hate to be in the final group and have to cash a check for a 1/2 million bucks.

LeftyHoges

Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Lefty, dude why would Tiger club baby seals? Coming in to this thread late i'd have to say that you've made an attempt to hijack it. What's with all the hatin man? I think Fisher had a valid point in the OP. O.K. so he's got a man crush on Tiger, so what. Surely you could've either agreed or disagreed or leave well enough alone. I haven't been the biggest fan of some things Fisher has said, but this has turned into a blatant attack.

I was purely using an example of something that the majority would deem wrong. It could have been any number of acts, I just picked that one to use as an example. And if you read my first reply you will notice that I have disagreed very firmly. My replies have been level-headed and on topic. And now he brings up that people have obvious hatred for tiger. Not once anywhere in this thread has anyone mentioned a hatred or even a mere dislike for the man.

Simply put, I called fisher on his absolute BS statement that his lover tiger would be a few shots lower on average due to bad putting surfaces. Anything else has been a plea for us to not have to read his inane posts about tiger. I have nothing but respect for the man, sure he's not my favourite player but i sure as he'll dont hate him. And now he accuses us of racism??? C'MON!!!!

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I understand it was an example, but it's not even close to applicable. Go back and read your initial response and pretend you are the OP. You would not be offended if someone basically told you what to talk about and who to be a fan of (or not)? I'm just sayin, that is kinda how it looks. I wouldn't call a post solely about the measure of humanity in killing a cow -vs- a seal on topic either. Let's pretend that Fisher re-signed in as a newbie and started this thread using Sean Ohair's name.... I bet this thread would've never turned into a spat about any isms or the morality thereof.

🔥 Latest posts