• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Playing in the final group.

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
It would seem to me that the playing conditions, particularly on the greens, would be much more difficult for the final group in a tournament. I would guess that Tiger's scoring average would be several shots lower if he were able to play as the first group out on the course of the day before the greens have hardened up and been trampled all over.

I came to this conclusion today playing before dark and seeing in the low angle of the sun how bumpy one green in particular was after a day of golfers walking on it.

But then again if the leaders played first, nobody would watch the rest of the tournament.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
The greens on tour would be A LOT firmer than your course champ.

You'd barely make an imprint on them. But the occasional mark might make him miss 1 putt out of, oh I don't know, 500.

OK, its probably not that much, maybe 1 in 50, but I just love the fact that despite Tiger's got the lowest scoring average on tour, you still have to make excuses for him missing the occasional putt and saying that he should be SEVERAL shots lower is the most ridiculous claim I've ever heard. How about the putts that are off target and bump INTO the hole??? That would happen nearly as much as missing them...

Seriously Fisher, drop the man love for Tiger. We get it, you LOVE him. You would marry him if you had the chance. You'd have kids with him and call them TigerFish, etc.

Seriously, STOP IT. :bang:

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
The greens on tour would be A LOT firmer than your course champ.

Seriously Fisher, drop the man love for Tiger. ...

Maybe the course wasn't "Tiger friendly"? :laugh:

Footnote: before the flaming starts, it was a joke.

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
Tiger has the yips and other nervous problems (flatulence, Tourette syndrome, uncontrollable spitting, short bursts of rage), but Obama has asked the media to keep it quiet so the stock market doesn't crash.

Kevin

three puttz

Mar 30, 2009
Tiger has the yips and other nervous problems (flatulence, Tourette syndrome, uncontrollable spitting, short bursts of rage), but Obama has asked the media to keep it quiet so the stock market doesn't crash.

Kevin

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
This isn't a thread about Tiger. Insert Phil's name in there if you please. My point is that it has to be a disadvantage for anyone in a PGA tournament to play late in the day as the greens get less receptive and the putting surface becomes more and more bumpy. Tiger just happens to play in the final group alot more than most......including Phil.

Skiddlydiddly

Jul 17, 2007

Kevin

:biglol::hunter:

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
This isn't a thread about Tiger. Insert Phil's name in there if you please. My point is that it has to be a disadvantage for anyone in a PGA tournament to play late in the day as the greens get less receptive and the putting surface becomes more and more bumpy. Tiger just happens to play in the final group alot more than most......including Phil.
Alright, what if it starts raining just before the final group tee's off?

Now all the groups that are already done got ripped off because the rain softened up all the green's and the final group got softer greens than the first did...

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
I would guess that Tiger's scoring average would be several shots lower if he were able to play as the first group out

This isn't a thread about Tiger.

I beg to differ.....

We all know your love for him. You could have just as easily said ''after noticing the bumps on my course's greens after a days play it seems the final groups (because its not only the last group at a disadvantage) wouldnt make quite as many putts due to the ball bobbling on the surface a little more.'' But instead you chose to use Tiger, therefore signalling your intense passionate love for him and everything he does.

I bet that if he went clubbing baby seals with his driver you'd find some way to defend him, probably saying that he was just trying to groove his new swing.

Seriously Fisher, stop showing us that you'd live in the mans dirty underwear drawer if you had half the chance, and cut it out with the inane posts about how great you think he is.

PS. How many majors has Tiger won coming from behind on these so called perfect greens while the leaders 10 groups behind struggle?????

🔥 Latest posts