• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Playing in the final group.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
I understand it was an example, but it's not even close to applicable. Go back and read your initial response and pretend you are the OP. You would not be offended if someone basically told you what to talk about and who to be a fan of (or not)? I'm just sayin, that is kinda how it looks. I wouldn't call a post solely about the measure of humanity in killing a cow -vs- a seal on topic either. Let's pretend that Fisher re-signed in as a newbie and started this thread using Sean Ohair's name.... I bet this thread would've never turned into a spat about any isms or the morality thereof.

As I said in my original reply, this could have been a valid discussion had tigers name not been put into the mix. But when fisher CHOSE to put tigers name in there, and let's face it there's no two ways about, he has an obsession with the man, he turned this into another love-in. I've had enough of them as I'm sure a LOT of us have, and called it as such. And every reply I've had has been on topic to a post from him.

And for the record, I will say that a claim of being a few strokes better due to bad surfaces on tour, regardless of who a player is including ohair, is just stoopid. I would have replied the same regardless of who he put in there, but he chose tiger, and that's what caused the further discussions. It's all due to his own previous posting history.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
LMFAO what a thread. :D

I strongly disagree with the idea that any golfer would score several strokes better by playing first group vs last group. The greens on tour are a lot harder than anything any of us have experienced, most likely, and I think the players and caddies might take better care of the greens than your average hack at the muni...

Fisher, what is Tiger's first round average vs his final round average? By what you are saying, the final should be about 10 shots higher, right? ;)

In response to the 'animals were put here for us to eat, kill, whatever' type comment/s: wtf do you think we are? Animals... Also, lots of animals are quite capable of eating us, does that mean that we were 'put here' for them to eat? Seems logical to me, if you insist on the accuracy of the first part.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
All i'm saying is if you've had enough of them or him or whatever you could've clicked the back button. Fisher obviously respects the opinions of the people here enough to keep coming back after several spats.

More so than any other player, if the beating the greens take from a tournament have any affect on tour players, it would be Tiger. That point has some validity. I agree with you Lefty that the affect is probably minimal, especially for Tiger because 1)he's dealt with it a lot and 2)the guy has mentally defeated tougher things than bumps in the green.

Maybe I just am not so easily fed up. Or I give too many chances or whatever, but every time a thread has gone south involving Fisher, he moves on. Maybe i'm out of the loop and everyone dislikes me too.

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
So why does tiger often shoot lower on the fianl day in the final pairing compared to his thursday round??? Its all a conspiracy because he isnt michelle wie.

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
I've noticed that pretty much any time I start a well intentioned thread there are a couple of people who do their very best to hyjack the thread and turn it into a pissing contest. Lefty here didn't succeed on his first try in this thread so he had to come back a second time and try even harder. Whatever, just proves there are people in this world who are even bigger a-holes than I am.

Just to get back on track, so nobody here thinks there is any advantage whatsoever to playing in the first group of the day when the greens are softer and have been freshly rolled as opposed to being in the final group of the day when the greens are crusty and have been walked on all day?

Let me put it another way. If the rules were changed so the person in the lead of a tournament could choose his tee time. When do you think he would choose? A 9:00 tee time in the first group out, or a 2:00 tee time in the last group off the tee?

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
Fisher likes Tiger.

Some don't like Fisher for liking Tiger.

To Eskimos (Inuits in a more PC world) clubbing baby seals is kewl.

Chickens in fact have it worse that baby seals.

Nututhugame is concerned that others may not like him either.

I have added one to my post count.

:killersmiley:

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Tiger's not even my favorite golfer, Fred Couples is. Tiger just happens to be the best player in the world and is the most obvious player to referance when you are talking about the best or most likely to be in a final group. Some people really have a problem with Tiger, I think its his race that brings out this blind hatred.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Hmmmmm, I had avoided this thread up till now. I didn't think it was something I'd be interested in, I was right.

Wish now I hadn't wasted the 5 minutes it took to read all 3 pages, can I have them back?

But I did pad my post count so all isn't lost, ;)

LeftyHoges

Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Lefty here didn't succeed on his first try in this thread so he had to come back a second time and try even harder.

did you even read all of my very first post in this thread. I supplied you with my answer. No, there is no advantage. Tour greens are harder and a lot better taken care of than your pissy little muni. Freshly cut on the Sunday morning, they will see about 60 pairs of spikes throughout the day. Hardly enough to cause 1/4 of a stroke average difference let alone the couple you are talking about. There is your answer. Look no further.

The only further thing I said was that you could simply say there may be a disadvantage to the final group. I have no problem with that but you had to imply that tiger was the only player being alledgedly disadvantaged by this. Your words, not mine.

This ain't no "pissing contest" for me. Just someone trying to tell you that I believe you're wrong and to back off on your obvious tiger love.

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
So as you stated, you said it in your first post. Then why keep coming back and trying to derail the thread with insults?

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Pehaps you play at a pissy little muni but I don't. I play at a private course that has hosted multiple LPGA and Senior tour events.

LeftyHoges

Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
So as you stated, you said it in your first post. Then why keep coming back and trying to derail the thread with insults?

The things I have said have been in direct reply to your posts, no derailing meant and if that's happened it has still been to prove a point.

But you know what? I give up, because there is obviously no arguing logic with you. No-one has replied to state that there is a couple of shots difference between first and last groups and yet you still believe there is.

Case closed because obviously neither of is going to change our minds...

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Obviously the case is closed because you finally realized you are fighting a losing battle. It was only you who had to resort to insults in a pathetic attempt to make whatever points you were trying to make. Says something about you and anybody who reads this thread start to finish will see what sort of person you are.

LeftyHoges

Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Obviously the case is closed because you finally realized you are fighting a losing battle. It was only you who had to resort to insults in a pathetic attempt to make whatever points you were trying to make. Says something about you and anybody who reads this thread start to finish will see what sort of person you are.

Nope. No battle lost here...

Just curious, what have i said that's insulting?

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online