• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Playing in the final group.

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Nope. No battle lost here...

Just curious, what have i said that's insulting?

Are you serious?

The greens on tour would be A LOT firmer than your course champ.
Insulting sarcastic especially since you have no idea what quality of courses I play on. What's with the use of the word "Champ" here? You really think I'm a champion or are you trying to bring me down?

Seriously Fisher, drop the man love for Tiger.
Are you suggesting I'm a homosexual or something? Is that really necessary to make your point? Is that sort of thing in line with the friendly nature of this website?

We get it, you LOVE him.
Again with the insulting tone.

You would marry him if you had the chance.
Actually no I wouldn't.

You'd have kids with him and call them TigerFish, etc.
Again insulting and not physiologically possible.

We all know your love for him. You could have just as easily said ''after noticing the bumps on my course's greens after a days play it seems the final groups (because its not only the last group at a disadvantage) wouldnt make quite as many putts due to the ball bobbling on the surface a little more.'' But instead you chose to use Tiger, therefore signalling your intense passionate love for him and everything he does.
Again sarcastic tone completely out of line with the tone of any other posts in this thread.

I bet that if he went clubbing baby seals with his driver you'd find some way to defend him, probably saying that he was just trying to groove his new swing.
Again insulting and sarcastic. Nobody but you took this sort of track in this thread.

stop showing us that you'd live in the mans dirty underwear drawer if you had half the chance, and cut it out with the inane posts about how great you think he is.
This isn't insulting at all is it?

What the hell is your problem???
What's yours? That's the bigger question here.

Simply put, I called fisher on his absolute BS statement that his lover tiger would be a few shots lower on average due to bad putting surfaces.
OK, you think its a BS opinion. That's your right to think that but why post it that way in such an insulting manner. Does it make you feel like a bigger person?

Anything else has been a plea for us to not have to read his inane posts about tiger.
Did I or anybody else here say your posts are "inane"? Is that how you always handle people who have a different view than you? Do you think everybody with a different thought is somehow beneath you?

sure he's not my favourite player but i sure as he'll dont hate him. And now he accuses us of racism???
Actually I wondered alloud "I wonder if race is a factor when some people seemingly go nuts-o over the mere mention of the number one player in the world." I didn't accuse anybody of anything. Do you have a guilty conscience or something?

I will say that a claim of being a few strokes better due to bad surfaces on tour, regardless of who a player is including ohair, is just stoopid.
Actually its spelled "stupid". That or you were referring to somebody bending over or somebody's front porch but I don't know what that has to do with this topic unless you ment it as an insult.

Tour greens are harder and a lot better taken care of than your pissy little muni.
This is not insulting or demeening at all is it? What do you know about the sot of courses I play.

I have no problem with that but you had to imply that tiger was the only player being alledgedly disadvantaged by this.
Actually you completely mis-represented what I said here. I even said you could insert Phil's name or anybody else you want in that final group.

I believe you're wrong and to back off on your obvious tiger love.
Again why the animocity, sarcasm and insulting tone. Is this sort of tone in keeping with the spirit of this website? I don't know what your problem is but it is obvious to anybody who reads this that you have one. Everybody else in this thread stayed relatively on topic and avoided insults. Everyone that is, except for you. Perhaps you should step back from your keyboard.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Didn't Vijay and Phil have a little spat a few years back at the Masters because Phil was wearing metal spikes and marking up the greens-and since you can't repair spike marks it was affecting Vijay's putts?

Truth be told, Vijay's putts are more affected by his stroke than phil's shoes, have you seen him putt lately...ugghhh!!!

I guess there is some validity to the question, how much it's hard to say. These are the best players in the world playing on the best putting surfaces in the world, maybe a stroke here or there.

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Didn't Vijay and Phil have a little spat a few years back at the Masters because Phil was wearing metal spikes and marking up the greens-and since you can't repair spike marks it was affecting Vijay's putts?

Truth be told, Vijay's putts are more affected by his stroke than phil's shoes, have you seen him putt lately...ugghhh!!!

I guess there is some validity to the question, how much it's hard to say. These are the best players in the world playing on the best putting surfaces in the world, maybe a stroke here or there.

Thank you for such a well thought out reply.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Played a real nice 18 hole par 3 course today, they have on their website "no spikes" so I assumed that meant not even soft spikes which I thought was weird. But on the greens there were definite metal spike marks from someones shoes, no way could they have been anything else.

Also pertaining to Tiger, I read somewhere he still wears metal spikes & is refusing to switch over to softspikes.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Played a real nice 18 hole par 3 course today, they have on their website "no spikes" so I assumed that meant not even soft spikes which I thought was weird. But on the greens there were definite metal spike marks from someones shoes, no way could they have been anything else.

Also pertaining to Tiger, I read somewhere he still wears metal spikes & is refusing to switch over to softspikes.

I think alot of pros still wear metal spikes, think I saw TW (Tom Watson) ath the Open wearing metal spikes. I have never worn metal spikes so don't really know a difference between metal and softspikes, but at my size wearing metal spikes, I would would be leaving nice little aeration (sp?) marks in the green and wouldn't ever be allowed back...

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Are you serious?

Insulting sarcastic especially since you have no idea what quality of courses I play on. What's with the use of the word "Champ" here? You really think I'm a champion or are you trying to bring me down?

Sorry, champ is actually an Australian term of endearment and friendly banter. Realise now that I shouldn't have used this....

OK, so you don't play on a muni.... Do you play on a regular PGA Tour course, ie Doral, TPC Sawgrass, Scottsdale, etc. No, you don't. Completely different kettle of fish regardless of LPGA and Senior Tour events.

Are you suggesting I'm a homosexual or something? Is that really necessary to make your point? Is that sort of thing in line with the friendly nature of this website?

No I'm, not suggesting you are a homosexual (not that theres anything wrong with that). I am suggesting that you have a deep passion for Mr Woods and that you can't stand anyone syaing a bad word about the man, or for even suggesting that he misses 2 putts a round due to his own stroke instead of a bobbling putting surface.

Again with the insulting tone.

Actually no I wouldn't.

Again insulting and not physiologically possible.

Again sarcastic tone completely out of line with the tone of any other posts in this thread.

No sarcasm at all. You could (and I believe SHOULD) have posted it that way. But like I said, you made it about Tiger when you inferred that he was the only person being affected by this. Go back and read your original post and see what you think....

Again insulting and sarcastic. Nobody but you took this sort of track in this thread.

Just an example to prove a point. Which worked for me. Can't see how you could be insulted with the way you responded....

This isn't insulting at all is it?

What's yours? That's the bigger question here.

My problem??? Tiger lovers. They come and go on this and similar forums, you just happened to have incurred my wrath because you've stuck around the longest and posted the most about him.

OK, you think its a BS opinion. That's your right to think that but why post it that way in such an insulting manner. Does it make you feel like a bigger person?

Because thats the way we have to post to get it across to Tiger fan-boys. And no it does not make me feel like a bigger person. Contrary to your belief, I don't get my jollies by 'insulting' people on the internet.

Did I or anybody else here say your posts are "inane"? Is that how you always handle people who have a different view than you? Do you think everybody with a different thought is somehow beneath you?

No, but thats probably because my posts aren't inane...

Actually I wondered alloud "I wonder if race is a factor when some people seemingly go nuts-o over the mere mention of the number one player in the world." I didn't accuse anybody of anything. Do you have a guilty conscience or something?

For you to wonder aloud repeatedly like you have unprovoked (N.V.M was trying to inject a little humour, wasnt calling you out on it) makes me wonder if it may be in fact you with the guilty consicence???
I've already stated that I have nothing but respect for the man, his ability and what he's done for the game, and sure he's not my favourite but they can't all be, right???

Actually its spelled "stupid". That or you were referring to somebody bending over or somebody's front porch but I don't know what that has to do with this topic unless you ment it as an insult.

Thankyou, I'm fully aware of the correct spelling of the word stupid. It's not worth trying to explain if you can't see why I spelt it like that.

This is not insulting or demeening at all is it? What do you know about the sot of courses I play.

See point #1

Actually you completely mis-represented what I said here. I even said you could insert Phil's name or anybody else you want in that final group.

You state that after someone has called you out on your first post. Yes, Tiger does play in the final groups a little more than some others but after three days of play the greens aren't going to magically disintegrate for the final 10 groups on sunday.

Again why the animocity, sarcasm and insulting tone. Is this sort of tone in keeping with the spirit of this website? I don't know what your problem is but it is obvious to anybody who reads this that you have one. Everybody else in this thread stayed relatively on topic and avoided insults. Everyone that is, except for you. Perhaps you should step back from your keyboard.

No, I'm fine where I am with my keyboard, thanks.

OK, points 3, 4 5 & 8. Maybe a little insulting. Obviously you wouldn't do this but I'm pretty sure you are the #1 Tiger fan-boy here so thats pretty much why it was said.

Congratulations, you are the first and I'm willing to bet only person that makes my ignore list.

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Congratulations Lefty, you won the trophy.

aslog.thestranger.com_files_2008_09_Horses_Butt_Loser_Trophy.jpg

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Guys, guys, enough already. It's ok to have conflicting views and opinions. You don't need to drag it out on an endless tit for tat post.

It's beginning to sound like my 9 and 7 year old boys arguing over the remote for the TV. Let this one go and just kiss and make up. OK?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.