• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

playing new courses...

niblick

Jun 13, 2007
It's no surprise really, but in reviewing my scoring record, all of my high scores are at difficult course I was playing for the first or second time, and my good scores are at courses I've played many times.

So I'm wondering, do any of you guys declare a practice round when going around a new track for the first time? How much of your golf is played at your home course? Do you have a home course?

I'm not sure of the normal habits of golfers who aren't private club members. My theory is that given two golfers of equal skill, one who never plays the same course twice in a row, and one who only plays one course, the guy who rotates courses will have the higher index.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
The only distinction I make is whether or not it's a tournament round, and counts as such for handicap purposes. Then again, my driver is non-conforming, so my handicap isn't valid anyway...:killersmiley:USGA A-holes

OP
N

niblick

Jun 13, 2007
The only distinction I make is whether or not it's a tournament round, and counts as such for handicap purposes. Then again, my driver is non-conforming, so my handicap isn't valid anyway...:killersmiley:USGA A-holes

You heathen!

:p

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
I actually normally play better on new courses. I think it's because I play it safer (aka smarter) whereas on my known courses I'll go ahead and crank the 3W on the second shot and (not) clear the hazard.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.