• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

playing with hickory shafted clubs???

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
I been in a rut the last few years. I played in a scramble last year. The low team was composed of the officers of Hickorygolf.com. Played at The Castle course at Northern Bay. A howling wind with 40+ mph gust yet one of the winning team ACED the 10th hole. The 10th hole is a replica of the 17th par 3 Island Green at SawGrass with the pin location in far right corner.

Anyway that kinda interested me in trying out hickory shafted clubs . Has anyone here played with wood shafted clubs. Comments?

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I'd be afraid of slivers.................The low team must have been made up of good golfers.

OP
zaphod

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
They got to move up a tee. And a few strokes??? Bought my first two hickories on fleabay today. $45 for a Wood brassie and a niblick was not to bad. Playable condition. that would be a 2 or 3 wood and perhaps a pw or gap wedge depending on brand. Nomenclature was a bit obtuse.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
While I wouldn't want to make a habit of it I would love to play a round or two "old school".

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.