• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Playoff

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
brilliant stuff

fabulous fabulous spectacle

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
The best kind of playoff, where you really wish both would win.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I really did want Rocco to win, and now I'm definately going to be rooting for him from now on. I want this guy to win next years, or something.

He's a good guy.

kelvinsense

degen gambler
May 9, 2008
I really did want Rocco to win, and now I'm definately going to be rooting for him from now on. I want this guy to win next years, or something.

He's a good guy.

I agree, did not know quote who I should be rooting for. I felt both happy and sad at the end. Hopefully he can bring it next year. The playoff was insane.

Bubble Head

Oct 14, 2006
When I root for a guy I follow the following rule.

1. Root for Tiger.
2. Root for the lowest ranked contender.

I would have been happy with either of them. But I want Tiger to break Nicklaus' major record before he is 35. (Bet with my dad)

Robert

Jun 3, 2005
Congrats to Tiger. I was cheering hard for Rocco but he just couldn't close it. Great open!

The Salt Vampire

...and loving it.
Aug 14, 2006
Best major that I have ever watched. The prime time schedule worked great and I was luckily home today for the finale. These 18 hole playoffs are usually really anticlimactic, but this was awesome.

Ordinarily, I am not a fan of the U.S. Open or USGA, but amazingly they got this tourney right on so many levels. Two par 5s and a driveable par 4 on the last six holes made this like the Masters used to be.

As for those Nike commercials. What a load of crap! More mental toughness than anyone? Give me a break. I will say Tiger is a tough golfer, but not more than many other people and athletes. You have to be mentally tough to play sports where critical injury is only a play away. Tougher than Lance Armstrong? Tougher than people that have fought in wars? Ridiculous. Nike should be embarrassed.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Tiger's bunker shot was possibly the best golf shot I've ever seen.

And SaltVamp, if you wanna get really critical over the commercial, he said that Tiger would never MEET anyone mentally tougher. Ain't a lot of soldiers on a golf course.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
This was a perfect US open. The set up was fair, the weather was fair, the last few days were hollywood movie worthy, and the best man won. The USGA must be thrilled beyond belief.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Agreed, I didn't like Jacks comment awhile back regarding Tigers chase of his record. I want to see Tiger end up with 25 majors.

Jack cannot handle the thought of Tiger passing him. Jack is probably the most pompous ass in the game and this game has its share of pompous asses. He will do anything he can to try and make the inevitable seem unimportant. Tigers the best ever, Jack better get use to that.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.