• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

please explain something to me

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
why is is when you make a great shot or have a great round, no one is there to see it?.........

yesterday after church I decided to take my daughter to go play 9 holes...Shot a 38! best 9 holes I've ever played, and none of my playing buddies were there to witness it. Before the 38, the best was a 41.

at least my daughter was there but she doesnt really know the difference between a 38, and a 48.

#1. 370 y. par 4...par
#2. 147 y. par 3....tee shot fat!, second shot just infront of green, then chipped in for par.
#3. short 280 y. par 4. Hit my drive on the green, 2 put for birdie.
#4. 410 y. par 4...bogey.
#5. 325 y. par 4....par
#6. 350 y. par 4......killed my drive...only 50 yards out from the green.. par.
#7. 147 y. par 3...pulled my tee shot, but got it over the water....bogey.
#8. 485 y par 5...bad tee shot, good 2nd, bad third, chipped on green and made a 20 footer for par.
#9. 490 y. par 5.....played it decent, two putt for bogey.

38!

too bad I couldnt play the back 9 and see what I could do on 18.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
It's because it's just you and your thoughts. As your walking to your ball you look at your target and run the shot through your head with no talking.

OP
DaGris

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
It's because it's just you and your thoughts. As your walking to your ball you look at your target and run the shot through your head with no talking.
YEP...NO PRESSURE......NO OTHER DISTRACTIONS.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I normally play my best golf when its just me out there alone.

And great shooting there, congrats!

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Its hard for friends to witness ones imagination ;)

OP
DaGris

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
Its hard for friends to witness ones imagination ;)
...........thats what one of my buddys said last night...not word form word...but pretty close. :biglol:

but I swear, I shot a 38 :beach3:

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
It's simple, no matter how relaxed you're trying to be while playing with buddies you still got your ego and competitive juices flowing. Just walking solo and staying in your round does wonders for your game.

I too find my best rounds come while playing alone or with complete strangers. I play my absolute worst when I play with my dad. For some reason whenever I play with him I go right back to being the pimple faced geek that is trying to live up to his dad's expectations; it freakin' kills me.

Almost forgot, great 9!

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
It's simple, no matter how relaxed you're trying to be while playing with buddies you still got your ego and competitive juices flowing. Just walking solo and staying in your round does wonders for your game.

I too find my best rounds come while playing alone or with complete strangers. I play my absolute worst when I play with my dad. For some reason whenever I play with him I go right back to being the pimple faced geek that is trying to live up to his dad's expectations; it freakin' kills me.

Almost forgot, great 9!

I hear you about playing with your Dad. When I play against my oldest step-son I revert into this struggling hacking, try to hit the ball a country mile fool. I have actually shot a 82 one day by myself, and played him the next day on the same course and shot a 98. Geez

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Although the number 38 does make a great starting point when guessing how many interceptions Jay Cutler will throw this year.

Man , the guy shots an excellent score and he gets grief about Cutler. Oh He is a Bears fan. Now i understand:beach3:

BTW very nice round.

OP
DaGris

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
GO BEARS!

now I have to wonder, what if I played the back 9?.............what could I have I shot for 18?........I could have posted my best 18........The best I've have ever shot on 18 was a 84.....with shooting a 38 on the front, beating a 84 should have been easy........but I'll never know. :bang:

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
GO BEARS!

now I have to wonder, what if I played the back 9?.............what could I have I shot for 18?........I could have posted my best 18........The best I've have ever shot on 18 was a 84.....with shooting a 38 on the front, beating a 84 should have been easy........but I'll never know. :bang:

:biglol::biglol::biglol::biglol:

Sorry, I just had to. I've shot sub 40 9s three times in my life. The first time it was on a back 9 and I carded an 81 (lowest ever round at the time). The second time I did it it was again on a back 9 and I carded a 78 (my personal best). The third time was the first on a front 9 and I completed imploded on the back, I barely broke the century mark that day (I'm not exagerating either).

That's the beauty of this game though; woulda, coulda, shoulda... Of course, now that you know it is in you, you're in for a real treat. A lifetime of a frustration as you attempt to put two of those 9s together. ;)

Seriously though, I've been at this place for about nine months now and it is both the best golf I've ever played and the most frustrating at the same time. Keep it going and good luck!

🔥 Latest posts