• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

please help

Jacque

Aug 24, 2006
I think that i have screwed myself.....

so for starters...my natural ballflight with everything is a slight to moderate draw....I fight a hook on bad days and can not hit a fade to save my life....no seriously if it moves left to right more than a yard that's a huge slice for me....

ENTER THE PROBLEM.....

I'm at work and being bored we are all sitting around armwrestling....typical young male stuff....I'm working over the boss....already beat him left handed, my weak side and he wants to go right...so I'm like what the hey why not.....when i have him about half way down something "TWEAKED" in my elbow....it just felt funny not painful or wrong, just weird that's all...I win and think nothing about it....a few days later I get a chance to hit up the course again....

****NOW MIND YOU I ALWAYS DRAW THE BALL...NOT MOST OF THE TIME...A L W A Y S......*****

go through a brief chip and putt session and I'm off....

1st tee....slice....not fade, not power fade, not controlled slice....

i aimed slightly down the leftside of this dogleg right (normal for me since I ALWAYS draw the ball) and it starts off right then it turns dead right......

hmmmmm...interesting.....

so i find it (at this time i'm laughing it up because i think it's a fluke) and i have to draw it a little up and over some trees to return to the golf course.....no biggie...I have this shot...right....

WRONG....another slice this time with a 6 iron....but wait i was trying to draw it????

all day same thing....

next day go to the range after work to see what's up....take along John to watch the thing.....

all slices he says my swing looks like it has always looked...plane is good....coming from the inside....

what the *bleep*....still confused and still hitting slices....

what did i do to my right arm that could cause me to hit all slices now...
I can't hit a hook if my life depended on it......

any ideas????

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
Hey Omen (GR name, no?). It could just be one of those days that happen now and again. I saw on TGC a guy saying if you want to hook the ball, feel as if you're gloved hand has the palm facing the sky after impact. Try that as a swing thought

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I say, unless it hasn't resolved itself in the next few weeks worry, but these things happen.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I'm not a doctor, and just guessing, but if you hurt or damaged any of you muscles it may be restricting you from rotating you arm through impact. If you do not rotate you arms through impact you likely will not close the face. If you do not close the face, it will likely start straight, then fade or slice. The drill EMC mentioned is a great drill for this, and actually cured my slice when I started playing. Again, the ball would likely be starting straight, then slicing. If it starting left or right that is a result of the path of your swing. If all else fails, seeing a doctor may be a wise choice.

OP
Jacque

Jacque

Aug 24, 2006
Hey Omen (GR name, no?). It could just be one of those days that happen now and again. I saw on TGC a guy saying if you want to hook the ball, feel as if you're gloved hand has the palm facing the sky after impact. Try that as a swing thought

YEA it's me....

i have tried every trick i know to hook the ball...everynow and then i hit one that hooks but the majority start off straight or a little right because I am trying to hit the draw but then fade and slice off......:(

OP
Jacque

Jacque

Aug 24, 2006
what brand???? will any heartworm medicine do??? what dosage, how often.....should i avoid alcohol ???

cypressperch

Jun 24, 2006
Toledo Bend Lake, Louisiana
Country
United States United States
If you are attacking the ball

from the inside and it fades (slices) rather than draws your usual way, you may have, indeed, hurt yourself in a way that prevents you from closing the face. A lot of folks attack the ball from the inside and think that they must make contact on the back quadrant of the ball closest to the golfer. That is entirely false. Contact must be made at the back quadrant that is farther from the golfer. For this to happen the toe of the club must lead the heel by impact.

An injury may have made things tighten up, so make certain you have a pretty loose grip that will allow the toe to pass up the heel to give you the desired draw.

Sincerely, Cypressperch

🔥 Latest posts

Members online