• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Poker sites

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
Hope I won't get in trouble for mentioning other websites but I was wondering which poker sites you fine fellows use. I know something changed with the law over your side of the puddle a few months ago so I'm not sure how that affected you, I assume it hasn't halted online poker for you completely.

In the past I played on PartyPoker but it was too busy, 888 isn't up to much, William Hill was a fave for a while but regular server errors have cost me money so I got rid of it. I now occasionally play on Ladbrokes as there are loads of qualifiers for big televised events on there but more often I play on Victor Chandler as if you win 6 sit n go's in a row you win $8000 and they are only $2 to enter.

If you know of any websites that have even better incentives then please let me know as I'm starting to get better at the game and would like to maximize what I can get out of it.

(NB: before anybody thinks I should see the error of my ways, I'm a very responsible gambler who never spends more than £20 a month but generally plays using winnings so in theory the cost is £0) ;)

TheWOAT

Sep 26, 2006
Ultimatebet.com and fulltiltpoker.com are the two sites I play on. I played with real money on ultimatebet. Overall, I think UB is kinda crowded, and the level of play can get iffy at the tables with blinds under 10 cents. Just starting out I played $.01/.02 blinds and found for the most part everyone was there to "play" with very few 'all-in and run' types. I did find that I could pick on a couple players, and Im an average home player.
Fulltilt doesnt have as many people, which may mean a higher quality of play, or not. Fulltilt is mac compatible.

For sitngos, UB is the place. Im not sure which places give the best odds, Im sure you can find out by checkin out the websites.
I think the law takes affect in 2008 (BS law if you ask me).

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
I play on Pokerroom.com.

It's pretty busy, but awesome servers. Fast tables..good action. Ton of sit n gos.

flomarilius

Nike staffer :)
Jun 19, 2006
I know I shouldn't be here but me and my friend would usually play poker every monday and we are all on full tilt (fake money that is). I think beside full tilt the other best bet has to be pacific poker. The odds of cards just seem much realer. I have seen the same flop come out twice on Party poker in repeated hands more than a few times.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I used to play at Absolute Poker, but I never play online for real money, and the fake games had way too many "all in" idiots clogging up the tables. We've all seen them. They go "all in" after the cards are dealt - every time. Annoying as hell. But AP seemed pretty fast, and sometimes had some pretty good games.

PhillyEagle

Feb 3, 2007
PartyPoker has been the best for me. They have Hold'em tournaments going on constantly for a single table, and every couple hours they have a huge tournament with around 3000 people in it. For the single table tournaments, expect 6 or 7 out of the 10 to actually care about playing. The other 3 or so will go all-in every hand until they own the table or get knocked out and they find another tournament right away.

All of this is play money though, I've never tried real money and probably never will online.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
I have to agree with WOAT and flo...

Full Tilt is my pick of the lot, has served me well over the last few months. Fairly rare server errors, and generally speaking a good mix of players. The real money players take it seriously so if you're looking at real money you can have a great game and most are friendly. As with all poker sites you do get the wankers in the play money but if you bide your time you can take them down too.

My experience has been that partypoker and pokerstars tend to be far to "river-friendly" to people on flush and straight draws.

Overall as said, Full Tilt is my pick but the only disadvantage is the minimum $50US deposit. If this isn't too much for you then Full Tilt all the way.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I really enjoy Party Poker, or at least, till that damned legislation.

OP
EnglishGolfer

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
I played with pretend money for a few weeks at first but found the game pointless as nobody in their right mind would employ the same tactics in a money game.

I did seem to win a falsely flattering proportion of money games on partypoker but the sheer volume of users made me look else where. The number of times I clicked on a table that said it had 7 of 10 but in the second it took to appear on my screen it had been filled was very annoying.

TheWOAT

Sep 26, 2006
Fulltilt still accepts money from US players, as they believe the legislations doesnt out right outlaw online poker.. but their minimum deposit is $50. Ultimatebet dot com HAD a min deposit of $25 last year (dont know if they still do), I havent been there since. I often switch from Mac to PC, so I use fulltilt since its the best Mac poker site.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.