• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Poor Ernie

tn-golfnut-from-nj

Birdie Machine.
Jul 13, 2007
I kind of felt sorry for him.
He had a really good shot to be the winner today, needing 2 birdies on the last 3 to win, and 1 to force a playoff.
Dont know what happened on the 18.
Was it nerves, or just wrong club selection?

Tiger wins once again.
Takes a poke at Poulter. Over all an exiciting finish to watch.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I believe that when Tiger was asked why their was such a big gap between number 1 and number 2 Mickelson, he said I thought Poulter was number 2.

OP
tn-golfnut-from-nj

tn-golfnut-from-nj

Birdie Machine.
Jul 13, 2007
I believe that when Tiger was asked why their was such a big gap between number 1 and number 2 Mickelson, he said I thought Poulter was number 2.

Exactly. Had a little grin on his face when he said it.:laugh:

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I don't know if it happened or not but apparently the rest of the players were going to down clubs and walk off the range to leave just Poulter and Tiger, as one of his quotes was 'it's just me & Tiger' That would have been pi$$ funny!!! :)

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Apparently Ian Poulter has reacted angrily to a magazine article which claimed the Ryder Cup winner believed he was the only player capable of challenging world No 1 Tiger Woods.

But after carding an opening round two-under-par 70 at the Dubai Desert Classic which is currently being led by Woods, Poulter hit back and said, “I’m misquoted. It was taken out of context. The whole answer to the question has been taken out of context.

Poulter did not make an appearance at the course on Wednesday due to a rib injury, but when he arrived at the course ahead of yesterday’s first round he revealed he received support from Paul McGinley, who said, “I know how you’ve explained it, and I see exactly what you’ve said. Many other people don’t.”

He also said it is not nice to be called a prat in the newspapers and to be publicly humiliated. I had a hard time concentrating on playing golf today," he said after a highly creditable round of 70, two under par. "I'm claimed to have said I don't respect anyone but Tiger but I would never say that about people I work with day in and day out. I like to answer questions honestly. I've been honest for nine years and I'm not going to change now."

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
goddamnit, no offense but plz put spoiler or somethin, ive been out on the course all day practising and came back to catch the back nine on TGC, all i see in the title is poor ernie, so i scroll over and see "missed playoff... blah blah".

The master

Oct 24, 2004
goddamnit, no offense but plz put spoiler or somethin, ive been out on the course all day practising and came back to catch the back nine on TGC, all i see in the title is poor ernie, so i scroll over and see "missed playoff... blah blah".

We should change the title to "Poor Sandpiper" just kidding:laugh:

I guess the guys didn't think about the time difference and stuff. It will still be fun to watch.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
I believe the original poster of this is from the US, its not the time diff, but that TGC re shows the tourney in primetime.

Which obv is when I was guna watch it. lol. still good to watch, but completely spoiled, Ernie is on 18 atm.

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
I believe the original poster of this is from the US, its not the time diff, but that TGC re shows the tourney in primetime.

Which obv is when I was guna watch it. lol. still good to watch, but completely spoiled, Ernie is on 18 atm.

Maybe you should stay off the internet golf forums when you have a replay that you want to watch. ;)

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Hey, dont make me come over there, I roughly remember the way back to your house!

But i sit down, check my emails etc while im watchin, and im obv guna stumble on over to ST. I would expect ppl to have some consideration.

btw gwlee, if youve called at all, i moved rooms, so dont have a room phone at the moment, and im wayyy too lazy to go all the way to pm you right now, so if your tryin to reach me you have my new cell number right? the 2935 number?

sidewinder

Feb 8, 2007
Sandpiper3,

You have no one but yourself to blame on this. If you are going to watch any event that is tape delayed (or you have recorded for play later), you should know by now that the best thing to do is to avoid any place on the net or on television that might talk about it. Also, The Golf Channel (TGC), ESPN, Fox, and CNN made mention of the win before it was show on TGC. And those were the television sources I encountered. I heard it on two local radio stations too. I am sure there were many more television and radio sources that reported the story before it aired on TGC.

Not everyone in the New World has TGC so expecting everyone to know the broadcast schedule is absurd.

I am surprised this didn't get blown for you at the golf course.

I learned this lesson long ago with Formula One.....

S-

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.