• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Poor Weir....

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I felt for Mike Weir today.

30,000 countrymen cheering him on and he missed 2-3 very very makeable ones to lose out to Veeegh.

Singh missed a couple of short ones too...

SEVEN victories in one season. Any doubt now who is #1?

This guy is a grinder. Machinelike...

Too bad we won't see him in the Ryder Cup. Or Mike Weir either for that matter...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Weir lost?

Man....i thought the guy had it in the bag.

I was watching a football game instead (ya, i don't wanna hear it about priorities, ladies :p ).

Too bad. It would have been nice to see him take it.

But losing to Vijay isn't anything to feel bad about. As you said, the guy's a machine.

R35

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
rockford35 said:
Weir lost?

Man....i thought the guy had it in the bag.

I was watching a football game instead (ya, i don't wanna hear it about priorities, ladies :p ).

Too bad. It would have been nice to see him take it.

But losing to Vijay isn't anything to feel bad about. As you said, the guy's a machine.

R35

You'll be sick when you see the one he missed on 18. He would have won the tournament right there. He had about a 6-7 footer and at 18 inches away it looked good. Then it slid just past to his right.

Agonizing.

He's a good kid and Ian Baker-Finch mentioned that he and Vijay are good friends from their President's Cup play together...

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
:( :(
Ouch....
The putt he should have made was on the 13th or 14th was it? The green that sloped down severely, and the hole down the slope. Mike putted but the ball stopped on the top, instead of trickling down. That really hurts because it's a three putt...
I really feel for Mike.

Members online

No members online now.