• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Portstewart Sunset

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
How about this pic? It was taken at the weekend. The golf course is to the left up in the dunes. This was taken down on the beach and the view is Donegal and Mussedin temple. A well hit slice in a strong cross wind could theoretically reach the beach.

This is why I commute 120 miles round trip to work each day. :)

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
or how about these, OK so you get the picture.

(Sorry, just trying out the digital camera again!!!) :)

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Absolutely beautiful....thanks for posting.

Where do the leprechan's live? I hear it is in a cave right off the beach..

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
That's beautiful IG. I'm now homesick for the home I never had. (Bad musical reference, sorry...)

Hey IG... A question. After listening to a couple of weeks of Padraig media interviews I wonder, do all of you Irish men talk through your noses like that? I would think there would be some strappingly deep manly accents over there. TM, this question is not directed to you. We are confident that as soon as your voice changes, it will become deep and strapping.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Us Nordies talk with deep manly voices. It's those Sudderners, with their lyrical flowery tones, putting us all to shame. Where's Dave Ireland when I need him?!!

Padraig talks the way I would imagine Bravo's leprechan to sound. As Spank would say, I talk like a bastard!! ;)

btw funny how all you Yanks and Canucks all sound the same to me. And the Kiwis and Aussies.

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
I am quite proud of my southern "drawl" accent, and feel that the lesser yanks among us sound nothing like us. Our southeastern US accent is a contrast unto itself-- an oxymoron if you will. We speak very slowly and unhurried, but use shortcuts such as ain't ya'll and anything else that would save us from proper, formal enunciation. Go figure.

Bravo, he'p meyout 'ere, fella Neck.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
bdcrowe said:
I am quite proud of my southern "drawl" accent, and feel that the lesser yanks among us sound nothing like us. Our southeastern US accent is a contrast unto itself-- an oxymoron if you will. We speak very slowly and unhurried, but use shortcuts such as ain't ya'll and anything else that would save us from proper, formal enunciation. Go figure.

Bravo, he'p meyout 'ere, fella Neck.

I am proud of my strange hybrid accent. I was born in Kansas City, MO and then we moved to Chicago when I was two. We moved here when I was five so I have a bunch of garbage in my mouth....And I talk through my nose terribly. I hate to hear myself on an audio recording -not because of the weird accent but because I am speaking through my nose. arrrgghhh.

And I agree about the usage of y'all etc...It's just an easier way to talk.

Actually, I think it is fun to hear someone talk and try to figure out where they are from based on their accents.

There is a single accent in the US that can be from one of two places that are about 1000 miles apart. This is the Bronx/Brooklyn - New Orleans accent. Yes, people from New Orleans often sound like they are from the New York area. The "Th" sound becomes a "d" sound - so "this" becomes "dis" and "that" becomes "dat".

A university professor who studies language published a work that indicates that people from the southern US have an easier time communicating with people from the UK for some reason...

Probably a bunch of heavy drinkers...

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Great pics IG.

I'm not sure what type of accent I have. I've lived in Texas for over 20 years but grew up in Missouri and Colorado.

Usually people tell me I don't sound Texan, but I have picked up some of the slang. Y'all can let me know in November. :p I lived in Houston for 14 years and there's not much accent to pick up there. No one in Houston is from Houston.

Living in a more rural area for the last ten years, my wife and I have both noticed that we are butchering the language more and more.

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
IrishGolfer said:
Us Nordies talk with deep manly voices. It's those Sudderners, with their lyrical flowery tones, putting us all to shame. Where's Dave Ireland when I need him?!!...............

Youuuu whoooo IG ... I'm right over here duckey ;) ..

Members online

No members online now.