• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Portstewart - The Scottish Version

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
Logging in from an unreliable hotel computer, but will do my best to get this out before it crashes again.

First of all, the facts.

1. Irish and Dave are top-rate blokes, was worth making the trip just to meet with two thoroughly decent guys

2. Portstewart Strand course is truly awesome, many great holes and no bad ones - and the views are damned good. Second only to those you get in Scotland, I'd say..!

3. I have never, ever played on such a windy day. On several holes I found it hard to stay on my feet when driving. I think the wind added nearly 40 yards to my nine iron, no idea what that translates to in mph

4. I believe my reputation as the worst golfer on GR has been cemented

5. DI scored a beautiful hole-in-one on a 160yd par three with a 40mph cross wind - well done fella

6. IG is a perfect host and doesnt mind spending time searching for his oppo's lost balls on every hole. He also doesnt mind using his Irish Charm on any female golfers who happen to be on the course...

Now, semi-facts with some poetic licence...

1. IG and DI have invented a new language and all credit to them for that. All I could hear was stuff like "To be sure...loughchreac graic couchenhough...so it is" followed by roars of laughter. They may have been discussing my swing :eek:

2. IG has a penchant for getting his tackle out every couple of holes. I dunno, maybe it's medical. :confused:

3. DI was wearing a very odd pair of breeks, a wide pinstripe number - possibly all the rage in Dublin. Or maybe because of his early start it was too dark for him to see what he was putting on before he left the house :prop:

4. If IG asks you to admire the sunset over Donegal - refuse!

5. There is a secret to IG's winning ways and I fully intend to expose him! (makes a change from him constantly exposing himself..!!). Photographic evidence shall be provided in a couple of weeks when I return to the desert!

Well, that's all from me for now. Photos in a couple of weeks. All thanks to the Irish lads for a great day out - poor golf but fantastic memories. Cheers lads, hope we can do it again sometime.

KA

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Nice report KA, thanks. We'll be looking forward to the pics. Anything you can provide that might help to bring down IG would be great.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Kilted Arab said:
Now, semi-facts with some poetic licence...

1. IG and DI have invented a new language and all credit to them for that. All I could hear was stuff like "To be sure...loughchreac graic couchenhough...so it is" followed by roars of laughter. They may have been discussing my swing :eek:

LOL, I thought you added a bit of the old Jock vernicular as well....

2. IG has a penchant for getting his tackle out every couple of holes. I dunno, maybe it's medical. :confused:

It is medical. It's call breaking the seal on a couple of pints of Guiness. Once ya start it's hard to stop. It runs in my family...LOL.

3. DI was wearing a very odd pair of breeks, a wide pinstripe number - possibly all the rage in Dublin. Or maybe because of his early start it was too dark for him to see what he was putting on before he left the house :prop:

4. If IG asks you to admire the sunset over Donegal - refuse!

5. There is a secret to IG's winning ways and I fully intend to expose him! (makes a change from him constantly exposing himself..!!). Photographic evidence shall be provided in a couple of weeks when I return to the desert!

I have consulted my solicitor already. A libel action will be winging it's way to UAE if any exposure other than solid shotmaking is rendered.

KA

Hope the weather gets better for you and yours in Limavady. Really enjoyed meeting you. Take care and enjoy the rest of your time off. 5 weeks!!!

Mark

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Kilted Arab said:
IG has a penchant for getting his tackle out every couple of holes. I dunno, maybe it's medical. :confused:

See, this is the stuff we would never know about unless a caring individual made it known.

PS "To be sure...loughchreac graic couchenhough...so it is" translates into "To be sure....I'll whip it out as much as I can because it's huge.....(looking into his pants)...so it is..." :p

R35

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Great to hear from you KA....and please return here regularly to post when you get back to the desert sands...

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Kilted Arab said:
Logging in from an unreliable hotel computer, but will do my best to get this out before it crashes again.

/QUOTE]

LOL KA .... I was gonna hold back on this til a more opportune time, but hey ..IG's "go to" club was either the MD Transition or the short shaft, here's a pic of him putting the short shafted one back in the bag ;)
100_0307.JPG

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Dave Ireland said:
Kilted Arab said:

/QUOTE]

LOL KA .... I was gonna hold back on this til a more opportune time, but hey ..IG's "go to" club was either the MD Transition or the short shaft, here's a pic of him putting the short shafted one back in the bag ;)

Talk about a stitch-up! My legal team are already working on this. I am hoping to get $$$s for this or at least another couple of inches!!

See you in court suckas!!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
See Rock

There are trees on a Links course plus a few shrubs. Why look closely and you can even see some wildlife!!
In KA's case you will need some level of magnification to see anything significant.

:biglol:

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
I suppose after they held hands earlier on in the day (see earlier pic on other thread), they decided to take their relationship to the next stage by having a sword waggling thingy together - they'll say there was drink taken which is true, but sometimes ya gotta go with yer heart - rather a giver than a taker be, to coin a Shakespeare phrase

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
OK... Either IG just likes showing the guys his junk, or he can't hold his Guinness. It seems to me, either is disheartening for a true Irishman. So, which is the lesser of the evils, IG? Which is it? ;)

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
bdcrowe said:
OK... Either IG just likes showing the guys his junk, or he can't hold his Guinness. It seems to me, either is disheartening for a true Irishman. So, which is the lesser of the evils, IG? Which is it? ;)

LOL BD .. I think you've given IG a complete mindf**k ... in fairness they were hurried pints and he didn't take advantage of the locker room b4 we went back out ... still 2 pints doesn't equate to 47 pi(t)s stops .. I can see why he drinks whiskey if his seal is as leaky as that !

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
IG & DI:

This thread indicates:

1) You had a great time playing together.
2) You had precious little time in the pub where the good times roll...

I have the solution....come over here in late October/early November and play with us.

I think if we can get two to come 'cross the pond - it will increase our participation mightily...and well have plenty o pub time for the Irish.

Members online