• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

position tee shot

xmasgolf

Dec 17, 2007
Don't know if this will be good enough to be called a thread but....here goes. Does anyone plan where they want to hit their first let alone last tee shot? i have played one course for 20 years and have tried hitting my tee shot into the same area so I have nearly the same yardage to middle of green.Most of the time their are different conditions but if I can position my tee shot near the same area i have much more success with my shot into the green.goes without saying i try to repaeat this through out the round.someone once said golf is like a puzzle.One piece(in this case tee shot) at a time.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Sure, I do. At Triggs it's a cut driver for an 8iron cut or a draw 3W for a drawn 7. At Swansea it's a cut 3w for a GW or a cut driver for a SW. At Fenner Hill it's always a slight cut up the left side and almost driveable so even a 6iron leaves a wedge in. At Richmond it's 5w down the pipe for a PW in. At Exeter it's a cut drive and a 9iron high cut.

Yes, I like to hit fades on the 1st hole. :laugh:

OP
X

xmasgolf

Dec 17, 2007
Thanks for feed back. Was not sure if I worded thread properly.Cheers:)

Members online