• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Possible future job relocation.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Won't be happening for at least 18 months but found out wed there is the possibility of another job relocation in my future. Not sure where right now other than it will be somewhere in the Utah/Idaho/Nevada...& possibly Washington.

We are partnering up with a very large fast food chain whom I don't want to name right now to produce plastic boxes to replace their current cardboard ones that french fries are stored & shipped in. This is positively huge business & my company president is looking at & really wants to build a new factory closer to the source to cut down on transportation costs, amongst other reasons.

Anyways I was asked if I was adverse to the idea of relocating & told him it would obviously depend on exactly where, but I am very receptive to the idea.

Plus it would involve a few more trips overseas, possibly Ireland, Italy again, etc to scope out new machines.

My wife is already getting a bit nervous whereas I am excited about the increased business opportunities as well as a possible move. The project has just been announced so a lot of stuff is in flux right now & there is a chance we may just expand our present facility for the time being, but our fearless leader really seems to prefer a new plant out west over any other choices.

For the time being I just continue to do what I do & go on with life. Myself & 2 others do have to outline an expansion plan as well as come up with plans for an entire new operation out west & we only have 45 days to complete it. This should be an exciting journey.:thumbs up:

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Definitely sounds like a growth opportunity if you are still thinking about career growth. Are you tied to WI for any reason?

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Definitely sounds like a growth opportunity if you are still thinking about career growth. Are you tied to WI for any reason?

Hell no I am not tied here, my wife wouldn't leave our 7 yr old grandson but that's easy enough to fix since his mother isn't exactly tied to this state & would move with us if my wife asked her.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
So, if the new plant is on the Washington/Idaho border, you could keep the same screen name. Just capitilize the "I". WI-Golfer. Or, if the plant were to locate in the 4-corners of Utah, Washington, Idaho, and Nevada, it would be an easy change to U-WIN-Golfer.

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
So, if the new plant is on the Washington/Idaho border, you could keep the same screen name. Just capitilize the "I". WI-Golfer. Or, if the plant were to locate in the 4-corners of Utah, Washington, Idaho, and Nevada, it would be an easy change to U-WIN-Golfer.

No hurry on anything, looking at 18-24 months before any relocation would be happening. Hopefully we can nail a plant location down in the next 6-9 months though.

Funny how Zaphod produces potatoes & I will be making the containers to hold them:D

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
really sounds exciting----New opportunities are the spice of life---Will be anxious to talk to you real time!!!!!!

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
really sounds exciting----New opportunities are the spice of life---Will be anxious to talk to you real time!!!!!!

Couple of weeks until we play The Bull, can talk our heads off. Plus I may have some more potato questions by then.

🔥 Latest posts