• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Possible Scam Help Needed

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
What happens: You cash the check, his "mover" comes to pick up the remainder, your bank (in a few days) tells you it's not legit and you're on the hook for all $1,450, meanwhile the crooks made off with $1,190.

Report the scam to the police.

Or, tell them you cashed it and have the "mover" meet you (and a friend or better yet a cop) in a public place. Give the mover $1,190 Monopoly dollars. Tell him to get Fucked.

Oh, and RECORD the whole thing.
Scam

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Here's some fun...
The priority mail #9470 1016 9932 0019 7214 83 envelope with the check came from "Clothing Store LLC" in New York. The check was written by "D & M Enterprizes" in Moses Lake, WA. The guy who signed the check is James Hatfield. The guy I was dealing with was Benjamin Crockett. His e-mail address is [email protected]. And his cell phone number, 725-696-1049 6 is from India (per my wife who checked into it).

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Here's some fun...
The priority mail #9470 1016 9932 0019 7214 83 envelope with the check came from "Clothing Store LLC" in New York. The check was written by "D & M Enterprizes" in Moses Lake, WA. The guy who signed the check is James Hatfield. The guy I was dealing with was Benjamin Crockett. His e-mail address is [email protected]. And his cell phone number, 725-696-1049 6 is from India (per my wife who checked into it).

You should tell Benjamin that your cousin Davy will be there to handover the goods and is dying to meet him.

large_FESS2.jpg

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Today got another check from another bank and person and location for $1450. The FBI is now involved after I filed a report with them.

And I would have this guy meet my old friend "Razor"...

razor2.jpg

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Never invite the man into your life...

Also, why haven't these guys figured out that they could just create another fake identity...write the check from their first false identity, to their second false identity, cash the check at a random bank with a random identity, and disappear? Why do they need to prey upon the innocent? Wouldn't that be so much easier?

I mean...what's another couple identities? They're already committing several federal offenses...sending the check in the federal mail just adds another one...

Members online

No members online now.