• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Potential first round of 09...

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Well once again I'm left wondering what the heck weatherpeople get paid to do?? I'm going into work in a few short minutes and its supposed to be raining. They were calling for showers all day!! Thankfully from my computer now I see not a drop is falling, so the clubs are coming to the course with me. This morning has the makings of my first round in 09, I'll report back later with the details.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Got a couple inches of snow last night, shouldn't stick around very long though. Hoping to get out & play my 1st rd of the year sometime towards the end of may or possibly the 1st week of june.

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
well this morning was uneventful. Never did get out on the course with my clubs. By the time I got to the course it was pouring and didn't let up one bit!! I tried to tough it out, I did my normal morning rounds and then re-gripped my driver and frwy woods. But playing golf just wasn't happening today...

Funny enough Wi, they are calling for flurries here too overnight and into tomorrow. I don't hold to much faith with weather forcasters, I'd like to see it and then believe it.

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I think tomorrow is going to be the day. It's looking like sunny and 8*C. That is looking good for at least 9 holes after work. Nothing is really growing yet, but we're hoping to get a cut done on the greens in the morning!! First cut is a good golfing sign for me at least :thumbs up:

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Got a couple inches of snow last night, shouldn't stick around very long though. Hoping to get out & play my 1st rd of the year sometime towards the end of may or possibly the 1st week of june.

How you feelin these days WI? Do you think you'll be in pretty good shape for the WI outing 06-14? I know you said you're definately are making it.

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I think mother nature simply hates Canada...

Sorry dude...

No need to apologize. I just think mother nature has a very sick sense of humor and she uses it for no good!! I take it in stride though as a Canadian I just make the best with what she gives... tomorrow she hopefully will give me some golf weather! *knock on wood*

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Well I made it out for 9 holes finally on Thursday. It was about 12* with the sun even coming out for a bit. My swing felt good actually considering the winter lay-off, ball striking was pretty solid as well seeing as I've only been to the range once this spring. My putting and touch around the greens is what killed me, that part of my game clearly doesn't think winter is over yet. Things started coming around by the 6th hole and all in all I was happy with a 43. It coulda been a lot worse all things considered and it left room to improve.

Now they are calling for wet flurries Monday and Tuesday next week... :bang:

🔥 Latest posts