• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Practical Joke stories

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
I was watching America's Funnies Home Videos and saw a great one, does anyone have any great stories?

:xxrotflma

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Sure, I'll bite.

A friend of mine was getting married in Canada, and being that he's originally from England, he wanted all his friends from overseas to attend.

The day that his two friends were to arrive at the airport, they delayed. My friend ended up waiting over an hour and a half until finally his friends appeared.

Seems that the one was a practical jokester. He had filled out both customs forms as his friend was busy packing magazines and things before final approach.

As they were walking to the customs desk, the prankster gave his friend the customs forms and handed them to the Canadian Customs officer.
The officer immediately had him taken into custody and his bag seized.
Turns out that prankster had filled out under "Items to Declare" as "One bag full of illegal firearms". (This was pre 9/11, so they weren't THAT stupid!)

Apparently the customs agent didn't see the humour in it. He had the two detained and questioned for some time before it was brought out that it was just a practical joke.

The two came out of the gate, one laughing the other shaking his head.

Probably not funny at the time, but great to laugh at now. :thumbup:

R35

PS>....i'd tell my "Shaft in the wind at the Driving Range "again, if anyone wants to hear it.....

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Ever seen those fake golf balls that explode on impact. My neighbor had one & patiently waited all day for someone to hit one OB so he could toss them a provisional. It happen to be his brother who was first to lose one.

Not as funny as having someone detained at customs but still a good laugh if you ever get the chance to give one of these to a friend. :xxrotflma

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
yeah those exploding balls are great, i have the trick balls where there is only weight on one half of the ball, so they don't roll straight at all, pulled that one on my dad on a blind shot from behind a hill, where he couldn't see where he hit, it was a good shot to about 10 ft. from where he was but he didn't make the putt ;)

another one, in a tournament to honor my uncle who was a long time greenskeeper and co designer to one of my areas premier courses, we played a four man scramble, and my grandpa and 3 uncles were in the group behind us, so on a very long par 5 like 630 yards, the tees, although still very long, where in the very front, with plenty of room until the next box, we moved the tees back like 40 yards, and placed them so they straddled the cart path

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
i hit red lobster with my parents and grandparents, since my grandma eats slow i was able to top off 190 shrimp with the endless shrimp deal

:blowup:

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Rock and Buddha will surely want to make a contest with you...
:puke:

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I've been there three times in the last month with my disgusting friends. My record this time around is 130, and I felt comfortable afterwards.

Last time, 170 shrimp. Roommate had 206. And then he went to volleyball practice.

Yes, he's a sick, sick man.

The key is to not get a drink that's carbonated, ie: iced tea or the equivalent.

Oh yes, i've thought this out to it's fullest.

R35

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
yeah, water all the way , i know its hard but you don't want to fill up on those cheddar bay biscuits either

:groupwave

🔥 Latest posts