• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

practice discussion

GolfCourse

Jun 26, 2008
An Overview Of Golf Planning

Its very interesting reading all these posts...
I could know many things reading all details about golf course.
Thank you.

APowell1990

Jan 6, 2006
I guess I'm one of the only people here that HARDLY ever hit balls on the range or work on their short game on the practice green. The driving range at our country club is basically a one person thing. You hit your own golf balls and go pick them up basically. The practice green is basically a little circle. It's smaller than ALL of the greens on the course and the greens on the course are small. I like to play 18 holes every day. I dont always keep score. Sometimes I'll hit two balls for one shot if I wanna try stuff out. I'd say I've used the practice green 5 times this year. All were right before a tournament. Same goes for hitting range balls

jambalaya

Geaux Tigers
Aug 6, 2007
Just banging balls around on the range is boring. You need to have a goal to make it interesting. Missing fairways seems to be a problem for you. Well what do you think is the problem? The problem is not going away without practice and experimentation. You have to be motivated to fix the problem and then hitting balls at the range becomes more interesting. Figure out some likely causes and work on those. Groove a swing to hit straight drives. Work on set up a lot. Your mind has to be active otherwise you get bored.

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
The best short game in the world belongs, arguably, to Corey Pavin. He's leading the Tour this year, like he did last year. He gets up-and-down 2/3rds of the time. If you practice until you are half that good, but still miss 14 greens, that'll be 8 or 9 bogeys ( or worse ) each round. You'd have to birdie every single GIR just to get to +5.

On the other hand, you're well below 2 putts per hole now, so if you were to hit, say, 10 or 12 greens, you could play those holes in par. If you bogey half the rest, you're still only +3 or 4.

Hit fairways, and greens.

That said, I almost never practice.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.