• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Practice facilities in Tampa Bay area

rolltherock

Dec 9, 2008
I just dropped my membership and am in search of a good practice facility. There are a few around here that I know of, but they are quite far from where I live. If there are any people here from the area who know where I can get some good practice time in I would be grateful. I live in South Tampa for a point of reference. I have been driving up to The Downs on Race Track, but dang it's nearly 30 minutes!

Thanks

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
I know its a little far but the practice facility at WorldWoods is one of the best in the country.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
30 mins!!!!?!??!?! lol

I laugh because where i am from, just to get to town that has a walmart its 30mins...if you want a mall its almost an hour...totally different place

Eracer should chime in here...he lives in tampa(not sure where though) and should know some good places

OP
R

rolltherock

Dec 9, 2008
I know its a little far but the practice facility at WorldWoods is one of the best in the country.

No doubt I LOVE WorldWoods, it's my favorite place in FL to play, but it's way too far to be practical to 'keep my game in shape'. If WorldWoods were closer I would pay whatever the membership fee was instantly!

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Easy solution for you......The real estate up near WorldWoods is dirt cheap right now. I'd move. Spring Hill has some nice courses with practice facilities as well.

OP
R

rolltherock

Dec 9, 2008
Easy solution for you......The real estate up near WorldWoods is dirt cheap right now. I'd move. Spring Hill has some nice courses with practice facilities as well.

Wish I could.....kids and school.....and fishing is my other love.....boat in the back yard on the dock.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
You can't do much better than the one by the track. I usually go to Rogers Park, but only because it's close to my house. They have grass only there (which is good,) a chipping area, and three practice holes (each under 100 yards.) Problem is it's not lighted, and never in great shape - I think the city budget cutbacks have really hammered the munis.

The other one I go to is on Kings and Lumsden in Brandon, but that's another 30 minute drive.

🔥 Latest posts