• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Practice time in winter

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Ok,so its 2 weeks away from winter in the UK,but its a low milder in the UK now thanks mainly to the global warming caused by the US (only kidding),but its dark by 4pm.

I'm lucky,I start work at 7am and I get home for 5pm,and I have a floodlit range half a mile from my house (800 yards for those who use foreign measures).So I still hit about about a 1000 balls a week,inc a couple of trips at lunchtime to another range near work,plus putting at home on the carpet.

I am told I am a sad tw.t by my wife,so I thought I would see if anyone else will maintain this amount of practice in summer,so I can tell her to do one.

Wheelerm

GET IN THE HOLE!
Oct 11, 2005
Yeah im from england =D, your lucky that you have a driving range half a mile down because mine is like 10 miles away =( floodlite yeah but 10 miles =( im getting a putting mat for christmas so i can still use it, when nobody is in the house because dad and mum wont like it =(. So i spose i maintain pratice all year round.

Golf Monkey

Jun 9, 2005
dave. said:
Ok,so its 2 weeks away from winter in the UK,but its a low milder in the UK now thanks mainly to the global warming caused by the US (only kidding),but its dark by 4pm.

I'm lucky,I start work at 7am and I get home for 5pm,and I have a floodlit range half a mile from my house (800 yards for those who use foreign measures).So I still hit about about a 1000 balls a week,inc a couple of trips at lunchtime to another range near work,plus putting at home on the carpet.

I am told I am a sad tw.t by my wife,so I thought I would see if anyone else will maintain this amount of practice in summer,so I can tell her to do one.

You gotta love livin in Northern Europe - go to work in the dark and come home in the dark.

Wheelerm

GET IN THE HOLE!
Oct 11, 2005
Golf Monkey said:
You gotta love livin in Northern Europe - go to work in the dark and come home in the dark.

Lol, walking home from schools becomes a trek now, usually get lost

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I do go to work in the dark and come home in the dark! obviously not as bad as Scandinavia,obviously

Wheelerm

GET IN THE HOLE!
Oct 11, 2005
dave. said:
I do go to work in the dark and come home in the dark! obviously not as bad as Scandinavia,obviously

HEHE nice one, it will all be better in a few months though, then golf again =D

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
dave. said:

Nope, you're a sad tw.t. :p

Just kidding but that's a lot of practice. I live about 25 miles from the nearest range but even with one close I know my wife wouldn't go for 1000 balls a week. Neither would my back for that matter.

If she's not packing then it can't be that bad. Keep it up for as long as you can get away with it.

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
got another 300 in today due to good weather,I hope its a dry winter

🔥 Latest posts

Members online