• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Prayer and good thoughts request

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
A close friend of mines ex-wife was killed Friday afternoon in a car wreck. She leaves behind a 12 year old daughter (not my friend's, although he was her step-dad for about 4 years and loves the child) who has no clear path in life now (the child was not in the car, btw). The child's father is in another state and is moving out west...my understanding is he has no interest in the girl. The lady's parents live out of state and are here for the funeral, but she doesn't want to go with them, she wants to stay here. I'm not certain they want to take her, either. This was not a close knit family.

Anyone inclined, please take a moment of your time for this child and say a prayer or send good thoughts her way. She's smart, kind, very mature, and a wonderful person. Her mother was her world, and there were times that she was the mother. Now, she is alone.

Thank you.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Terrible situation, but naturaly strong people(as she seems to be) are usually only made stronger by these types of things. She will take this seemingly horrible situation and grow from it.

I wish her the best of luck, and i am sorry for her loss.

OP
MCDavis

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Terrible situation, but naturaly strong people(as she seems to be) are usually only made stronger by these types of things. She will take this seemingly horrible situation and grow from it.

I wish her the best of luck, and i am sorry for her loss.
Interesting observation, eclark, and accurate as well. She went to her swim meet on Saturday morning and swam her events. She is at school today and doing fairly well from what I've heard (my wife teaches at her school).

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
... also helps to have a strong support system of friends, which it sounds like she does. My prayers go out, hope she recovers well.

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
I am so sorry. Prayers from this end. That poor child must feel totally abandoned. I wonder if the mother even had a will, and if so who is named as guardian?

OP
MCDavis

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Don't know about a will, but I do know she had some local friends listed as next of kin. That was who the police tracked down to find the daughter.

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
I just totally don't get how a parent could abandon his child. I mean, he was married to her mom, right? However he felt about his former wife, he chose her, he married her, and he had a child with her. That's a lifetime commitment. I cannot fathom turning his back.

You are totally the wrong person to whom to put this question--it's just rhetorical.

OP
MCDavis

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I just totally don't get how a parent could abandon his child. I mean, he was married to her mom, right? However he felt about his former wife, he chose her, he married her, and he had a child with her. That's a lifetime commitment. I cannot fathom turning his back.

You are totally the wrong person to whom to put this question--it's just rhetorical.
I have pondered that exact question for 3 days now, Claire. I couldn't do it.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
We all need to take the time to tell those we love that they are in our thoughts. You just never know.

If nothing else, this is a small good that can come out of tragedies like this.

OP
MCDavis

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
So sad. Who is she living with?
Right now, her grandparents are in town and she's with them. Funeral is today. I hope to see the swim coach so I can find out what's going to happen to her.

Thanks for the prayers and thoughts, everybody!

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Right now, her grandparents are in town and she's with them. Funeral is today. I hope to see the swim coach so I can find out what's going to happen to her.

Thanks for the prayers and thoughts, everybody!
Any chance your friend will try to adopt her? They did spend 4 years together, and he does love her.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.