• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Prayer and good thoughts request

OP
MCDavis

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Any chance your friend will try to adopt her? They did spend 4 years together, and he does love her.

I doubt it. He's really not in a position to do that right now, unfortunately.

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
There's no way not to make this sound flip, and that's not the intent at all. Seriously--Davis has such a big heart, I could easily envision an expanding Brady Bunch at his place. Short term at least.

OP
MCDavis

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
There's no way not to make this sound flip, and that's not the intent at all. Seriously--Davis has such a big heart, I could easily envision an expanding Brady Bunch at his place. Short term at least.
If we were closer to the child, I would consider it. However, she has closer friends in the area with children/friends her age that would make for a better situation for her if staying here becomes an option.

And, thanks Claire! :)

loftgolf

noob no more!
Jun 13, 2008
My prayers are with the little girl, partly because she's lost her mother, but partly bacause she really doesn't seem wanted by anyone. How very sad! Someone in her life has to step up, see her through this tragic loss and most importantly, love her! She is in my prayers!

OP
MCDavis

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Just got back from the funeral and got 2 pieces of great news. Her father came for everything and told my buddy (the ex-stepfather) that he'd missed a lot of her life and it was time to step up and be her father. He wants to take her to Virginia with him. I got a chance to talk to him briefly and simply told him what a wonderful girl she is.

The other was that my buddy, her ex-stepdad, decided that if she needed him he would take her so she could stay here. He had a hard time dealing with her sadness and the sadness of his oldest son.

Well, now I am off to a visitation because the wife of one of my employees died yesterday. Her funeral is tomorrow.

This is not the kind of week I enjoy.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Just got back from the funeral and got 2 pieces of great news. Her father came for everything and told my buddy (the ex-stepfather) that he'd missed a lot of her life and it was time to step up and be her father. He wants to take her to Virginia with him. I got a chance to talk to him briefly and simply told him what a wonderful girl she is.

The other was that my buddy, her ex-stepdad, decided that if she needed him he would take her so she could stay here. He had a hard time dealing with her sadness and the sadness of his oldest son.

Well, now I am off to a visitation because the wife of one of my employees died yesterday. Her funeral is tomorrow.

This is not the kind of week I enjoy.
Wow. My thoughts are with you, and those you care about. They are fortunate to have you with them.

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
Good news for the girl! And how awful for your employee. Stuff like this makes the latest (and always temporary) stock market shenanigans seem pretty petty.

easternsunrise

Oct 1, 2008
warm wishes

the beauty of children is that they don't let things stop them...they continue moving and growing. we could all learn to do more of that. this child is in my thoughts and i pray that she blossoms into a beautiful and successful young woman.

🔥 Latest posts