• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pre-shot routine? do you Visualise?

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
I visualize every shot and find it more important the closer I get to the hole. A drive has a far greater margin for error than a chip or putt, so I focus even more on the flight/roll of the ball before hitting an approach/chip or a putt.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I never attempt a straight shot, so yes, I have to envision the shot. I have 4 combinations, high, low, draw, fade. Straight is imposssible. :laugh:

I also have this uncanny knack for being able to hit the shot near perfect when there is something to aim around. Like trees on a dogleg right, I can rip a fade around them like nothing. If I could only hit that exact shot into a straight fairway as consistantly I'd drop 7 or 8 strokes by hitting every FW at 265.

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
I try to visualize before every shot. When I take my couple of practice swings, I look out at my target, and try to imagine hitting my shot.

I was doing it on the hole-in-one I got on Saturday, and it was very strong and clear. Aim for that tree well beyond the green so as to start it flying over the bunker on the left, and let the wind and fade cut it back towards the stick. Got a great result out of that one.

And you know what? The very next hole and the drive, I was unable to visualize then. I was still thinking about that last shot. I didn't visualize where I wanted my drive to fly and I hit it OB right.

artfulgolfer

Jan 8, 2007
Just read this by David Cook... "Your muscles work off of images sent from the eyes. Your muscles will hit the shot, but like a pilot in the fog, they can only respond to the information you send to them. The most powerful information is an image, a picture. A good picture produces feel and feel produces trust."

🔥 Latest posts