• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Precept Laddie X

three putt

clueless on the greens...
Aug 7, 2008
Hello all... I'm new to the forum, so bear with me if this has been covered before

I'm looking for honest opinions on the laddie x ball. I play about once or twice a week and my HC is a 12. I've been playing nxt tours and gamers rather religiously this year, and I keep hearing people tell me I need to try the laddies

I guess I just can't believe that a ball that runs $19+ for a 24 pack at my local Target is comparable to my tours or gamers...

I'd love to be wrong - save myself lots of cabbage... what do you guys think??

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I play them quite a bit and have no complaints. IMHO you can't beat them for the price, and in fact I prefer them over many balls that cost more. They aren't a Bridgestone e6 or Srixon Trispeed but for the money they are a good ball.

OP
three putt

three putt

Aug 7, 2008
thanks for the input...

I've got a $10 cert for gppgolf - I can get a 24 pack to my door for $11 shipping included... guess I'll give them a whirl

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I've been playing nxt tours and gamers rather religiously this year, and I keep hearing people tell me I need to try the laddies

I guess I just can't believe that a ball that runs $19+ for a 24 pack at my local Target is comparable to my tours or gamers...

I'd love to be wrong - save myself lots of cabbage... what do you guys think??

I play NXT Tours and Gamers (which are very similar), mostly Gamers this year. I also have played the Laddie-X quite a bit too, especially in the spring and late fall/winter.

They are very different balls. The covers of the NXT Tour and Gamer are soft and you get quite a bit of spin with them. The Laddie-X cover is a lot harder. You won't get nearly the spin with them. You may hit them just as far or maybe farther off the tee. You may also hit the Laddie-X straighter (less side spin) but you won't get nearly as much spin on your approach shots and chips or pitches.

I would say the Laddie-X compares similarly to the D2 Distance ball. They are good balls but a different type of ball than the other two.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Fine, if you don't mind playing a ball called Laddie. :D

OP
three putt

three putt

Aug 7, 2008
Well, my laddies showed up on Saturday and I played hookie today to go hit the local course (really, who is gonna miss one accountant who doesn't show?? besides, I blamed it on a sick child :D)

To sum up, I really liked them quite a bit. I didn't have any issues with them from a hardness standpoint - most of my approach shots are very lofted, so they generally were one hop stoppers. They didn't check for me the way the gamers do on short chip shots, but I was able to adjust for that with little problem. I was inside of 2 feet on the first par 3 (nearly pissed myself :laugh:). Shot an 85 and only had 32 putts - really like the way they felt off the putter.

They've got a place in my bag next to my gamers now. I think the nxt tours will be played out and not purchased again next year. For under a buck a ball, the laddies get this cheap bastard's vote...

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online