• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Precept Laddies X = 13.59$ 24 Pack+ Shipping

Snow

Sep 15, 2008
Hi All:

I personally have never used any of these ball but they seem like a real good price.

I did just make purchase of 4 dozen [2x24pack] for 31.17$ SHIPPED.

I have read some decent reviews here and there on this ball so I thought I would pass this sale along to the Forum.

At 15.60$ for a 2 dozen box thought I would do my own damn reviews on these.

They also had Callaway Golf Big Bertha Golf Balls for 8.50 a dozen.--I have never used these.

Srixon AD333 for something like 11.00$ a Dozen--I have never used these.

If I dont like them I have nephews that play on High school team that I will pass them along to.

PreceptGolf Laddie X 24-Ball Pack

Any thoughts about these ball and the prices would be most appreciated.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
The Precept is a great ball, IMO.

The PGA store in town, sells them for $16.99 for the 24 pack.

I grabbed a box one day. Not a soft, soft ball, but I don't consider it a solid rock.

Pretty long off the driver and woods/hybrids. Feels pretty good, not hard or mushy on the irons. Flys straight, rolls out good.

Wedges can handle the ball. I've got some Z groove RACs' and I can shave the cover on them a tad, I can get them to check 98% of the time. The cover stands up to everything but trees and cart paths.

Putting is decent, a little clicky, but not bad.. Definately worth the price of the balls, and if your wanting alot of balls to use, it's a great deal, IMO.

I like using them for courses, I'm unfamiliar with, and worried about putting a premium ball into the woods as I attempt to cut a dogleg.

I also just use them anytime, and mix them up. They aren't a ProV, or a B330, or a TM Red, buy they are a 1/3 the price.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
BARGAIN!!! Although you guys are a little spoiled for golf ball prices in the US.

These retail for around $35 a DOZEN here in Aus. (ProV's are around $80 for reference). Good quality ball though. As FC said, they're no ProV or B330 but durable with solid feel.

Absolute score picking them up for under 75 cents a ball!

OP
Snow

Snow

Sep 15, 2008
Thanks for thoughts guys.

FatC1ty appreciate that review very much..

I just went back and picked up 2 more boxes for Xmas presents for a couple of 10 handicapper playing partners of mine..

Thats 2 less present to worry about..

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
The Laddie is a decent ball. Hard to beat at that price. My experiences with this ball pretty much mirror those of Fatcity.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I believe you guys will like them. Solid ball all around, and you honestly won't tell any difference until you use a wedge that you need to back up hard, at that point, you might have it release a little more. Other than that.. Hard to beat.

But in the case you don't, I'll buy your left over sleeves, at .50 cent a sleeve, you pay shipping. :)

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I played the Laddie quite a bit last year, it's hard to beat the price of $19 for 2 dozen at Wally World. They have decent distance but really don't stick all that well to the greens. I thought they were pretty much rocks & now I use them for forced carries over water. If I lose 1 or 10, I don't care.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Like I said, no super gum ball. I generate alot of spin and height to my shots into the green, and I can get alot of shot to grab and stay.. atleast within 5ft of my pitch mark.

I got one of these balls to spin and stick with a 7i from 165yards out. Popped up a little, but didn't run.

But again... for the price.. Great value.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I played them a lot over the summer. I hit my irons and wedges high with a lot of spin so I had no problems getting them to stick. I get good distance and as has been said, there is no way your going to beat the price.

Victory

Nov 18, 2007
great golf ball for winter golf-- why Precept made the LADDIE' for men. that way we would not have to sharpie the "lady" name off it. same ball - different packaging..

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Games People Play sent them to my old address, even though I updated it when I ordered and made sure to use the new address. Whoever lives at my old address must have kept them. :(

robb01

Nov 7, 2008
I played them a lot over the summer. I hit my irons and wedges high with a lot of spin so I had no problems getting them to stick. I get good distance and as has been said, there is no way your going to beat the price.
they are also great to practice with

OP
Snow

Snow

Sep 15, 2008
Well I gave these balls a try today{Precept Laddies}

It was a really nice day here today mid 70s maybe a better ball when its colder?

I really wasnt that impressed at all, ball flight so so at best and distance not that great.

They did seem to bite ok.

I then switched to a Taylormade TP Black and then a TP Red.

Geeze maybe my second time with TM balls and these will now be in the bag forever.

I also gave the Callaway HX IX I think it is and I really like this one .

It really seemed to jump off my clubs and stopped pretty .

Guess the nephews will be getting the Precept Laddies.

Snow

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Games People Play sent them to my old address, even though I updated it when I ordered and made sure to use the new address. Whoever lives at my old address must have kept them. :(

What address does it have on your order confirmation?

If it has your new address that you updated then they should re-send the order to you. They messed up, they should fix it.

That sucks though. I hate dickweeds that get someone elses packages or mail then just keep it ( or worse) toss it.

🔥 Latest posts