• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Predictions of #1 vs #1 Sunday

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Sunday at 3PM CST Ohio State plays Wisconsin (basketball) at Ohio. At stake a Big Ten Title and national rankings. #3 Florida lost to LSU today so the game is on.

Who wins and who is the player who unexpectedly rises to help his team.

IMHO The way both teams are playing it will be a close game and guard play and refs will determine game. It is difficult to win away but if referees call a tight game Wisconsin by 3 again. If they allow lots of contact in paint (like Badgers vs Spartans) Oden does not get in foul trouble and Buckeyes by 10.

Player that rises for Badgers (pg Kam Taylor) Ohio ????
other opinions

question for NFL fans ---should Packers make play for Randy Moss? ( wow this feels weird even asking)

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I think I'm going to have to go with the Buckeyes on this game, and am hoping for a blowout. They just played better as of recent and it is a home game. Not to upset the Wisconsin fans, even if they win I am hoping for a blowout. Actually, I am guessing it will in all likelyhood be decided in the last seconds or in OT.

#3 Florida lost to LSU today so the game is on.
This may have opened the door for KU to get a #1 seed. Unusual though that all of the announcers are saying this, but Texas A&M beat KU, has the same record with one fewer win and the same conference record. So unless they get knocked off by Texas or Missouri, and Kansas Beats Texas and Oklahoma, A&M will likely win the conference, it seems unlikely they would seed KU higher. I guess the tournament may come into play and if they meet up in the championship may decide the seed difference. Assuming one of them wins the Championship. I guess the other thought I shouldn't overlook, Texas could beat KU and Texas A&M and walk away with all the marbles.

The Ohio State vs. Wisconsin game may end up helping KU as well, especially if it is a blowout either way. Here's hoping they don't go into like triple OT. :)

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
if KU wins out and wins the big 12 tourney they'll prolly get the #1 seed, but they need to look impressive doing so. i don't think A&M's non conference schedule was as hard as KU's, thats why ku is getting more consideration than others.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
if KU wins out and wins the big 12 tourney they'll prolly get the #1 seed, but they need to look impressive doing so. i don't think A&M's non conference schedule was as hard as KU's, thats why ku is getting more consideration than others.
I do have to say, in my 23-24 years since starting at The University of Kansas, they have looked very impressive in almost every win they have had this year. I cannot remember a team where they just blew teams out of the water as they have done this year, and it is not like they are trying to run up the score.

The last game against NU, when they won by 50+, Self just looked PO'ed when their JV guys where still trying to play tough at the end. But you can't really blame the JV guys for wanting to show something.

I watched the game yesterday from Tivo that they won by I believe 37. It was 4 to 6. The next thing I knew it was 20 to 4, and then then they were up by over 20 at half. I kinda fast forwarded through the game as it was just not fun to watch. The do have the ability to put alot of points up fast.

The last time I saw a team that had this many steals was some of the OU teams back in the 80's when they had Mookie Blaylock. KU seems to have 3-4 that do the same.

fore142

Oct 22, 2006
looks like i over shot the score by a small margin. :)
no doubt about who is #1 now...

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
One point. And if Kamron Taylor hit the one and one it would have been tough for OSU. But he missed and I figured with the time on the clock that was it for Wisconsin. Excellent game though. I hope the injuries aren't serious. And it sounds like these two will remain one and two but OSU will be #1. Pretty evenly matched teams.... :D

NOW, to kick Michigan State's sorry ass next Saturday!! :D

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
i think his name Butch??? that elbow thing just freaked me out...ugh.

good game, kinda sloppy by both sides though.

OP
zaphod

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Both teams know each other well and play a dominating style of defense so it was difficult to get a good rythm for either team. They both will be a force in the NCAA tourney as they present match-up problems for most teams in terms of bench depth. Badgers will be at a disadvantage if Butch is out as his outside 3 point shot will not allow other big men play sagging Defense. I believe Ohio lose with a healthy Butch. But so it goes. Oden is a force. Check his birth certificate!!!!

Have not followed KU this year but will see them in NCAA tourney. I believe this years tourney will be a free for all as there is no one dominating team unless they are flying under the radar.

best of luck to your perspective teams:)

buried in snow in Wisconsin:(

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
One point game................I agree if Butch doesn't go out, it's Wisconsin on top.........but that's how it goes. Ohio States' 34 year old Freshman is very good.:laugh:

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Have not followed KU this year but will see them in NCAA tourney. I believe this years tourney will be a free for all as there is no one dominating team unless they are flying under the radar.

best of luck to your perspective teams:)

buried in snow in Wisconsin:(
Hopefully we get to see more of them than the last two years. That is something that I hate about being a low seed. They rarely show the game of a 1-4 seed in the first round unless it is local. So the way KU played the last two years, I saw the last 1-2 minutes of the Bradley loss, and only saw the last 1/2 of the loss to Bucknell because Bucknell is a local team. If they are a 1-2 seed, I rarely see much of their games unless they make it to the Great 8, or maybe limited action on the Sweet 16. Usually I get alot off ACC, Big 10 or local action prior to KU.

One reason I was hoping the NCAA would not re-sign with CBS. You used to see alot more of March Madness, plus I am not a big fan of their coverage in general. I guess the only good side is since moving up here we get 3 different CBS Stations, so you are more likely to catch one of their games.

fore142

Oct 22, 2006
oden is NOT 34, or at least i dont think he is... :). Dont you worry, he wont be back next year.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online