• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Premium Golf Ball Preference

Which version do you play?

• ProV1

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • ProV1x

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • HX Tour

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • HX Tour 56

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zur

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • ZurS or C

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • B330

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • B330S

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • ONE black

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • ONE platinum

Votes: 8 9.9%

• Total voters

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
You forgot the other category again.:real angry: :D

Strata's: Tour Pro
Ditto!!!

I guess just because it hasn't cost $45 in several years and can now be found for $12, it is no longer a premium ball. Premium enough for me. Although after I get through my current stock I am hoping I can find and try the Black Max for the same range, as the Strata's are becoming harder too find. Although I did buy 10 dozen last time out.

Actually next to maybe the Pro-V1 and the HX Tour and HX Tour 56, the Strata would be my next favorite if all at equal cost.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I have a few more dozen of Tour Pro's to go through until I get into my TL Tour stash (10 dozen). After they are gone, I will probably get into the D2 feel if they are still around.

HX Hots that I got off of Doc are not a bad ball either. Not as soft and controllable around the greens as the Stratas, but an OK ball. I am hoping that in the next year or two that it takes me to get through the stash that there will be a value priced premium ball available.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
You forgot the other category again.
real%20angry.gif
:D

Strata's: Tour Pro and TL Tour

ualtim

Which version do you play of the listed balls.

WBL

Can't you guy read? :D

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Warbirdlover, IMHO, the Maxfli Tour Fire is a great ball, especially with a retail price of $29.95 a dozen.

My only problem is that I still have 5 dozen NXT Tours and DT-Solos, and I can't just throw them away.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I have a couple new ones to try out. My friend Nappy gave me a mint One Platinum and a TP Red along with 4 Prov1's yesterday. :)

That should get me through the front 9. :laugh:

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Oh all right. I wanted to make the poll so you could have multiple choices but screwed up and hit "submit". I know there are some favorites like the Tour Fire (great ball btw, played it Saturday) but they only make one version. This poll was to see which "version" people play. And I couldn't put only so many balls (TM Red and black) because it only let's you have so many entrys. Please forgive me for my sins. :D

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
For now it's the B330s. I still have 3 1/2 dozen so it's my ball for at least all of this year.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Oh all right. I wanted to make the poll so you could have multiple choices but screwed up and hit "submit". I know there are some favorites like the Tour Fire (great ball btw, played it Saturday) but they only make one version. This poll was to see which "version" people play. And I couldn't put only so many balls (TM Red and black) because it only let's you have so many entrys. Please forgive me for my sins. :D

Let he who is without sin cast the first Molitor...:laugh:

goalie

Dec 24, 2006
Let he who is without sin cast the first Molitor...:laugh:

Hey, those balls are perfect............

............for that game where you drill a hole through balls, tie them together with rope, and throw them at the three-tiered PVC pipe rack. I think it's called "Texas Golf" or something. The Molitor balls were really easy to drill holes evenly in.

:laugh:

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I have a couple new ones to try out. My friend Nappy gave me a mint One Platinum and a TP Red along with 4 Prov1's yesterday. :)

That should get me through the front 9. :laugh:

I got a sleev of those NOP's at a tournament last week. They are dogshit based off the press they emulate. For all the hype they get, they're no better than a D2 Distance, IMO.

R35

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I still say that if I am throwing stones,and want to do the most damage, it will definitely be a "Flying Lady" :laugh:

Pa Jayhawk

RockFlites do more damage then those!! :D

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.