• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Premium shaft sale

WildCatGolfer17

Aug 16, 2007
what exactly are pro soft inserts in iron shafts?

btw Lyle, if your hoing is over (knock on wood), you should update your sig

I would like to know also what the inserts are.. all i have found is that they are something inside the tip of the shaft" i think" that is like the cleveland irons, makes them feel a bit softer..

but i would like to know for sure..

Poe4soul

Feb 3, 2006
Lyle:

Did you sale the Project X shaft's. If not I'm considering them but haven't had any luck finding a fitter in my area that has experience or demo's club with them (left handed).

To answer the questions above...

trajectory? Mid to High

Draw or fade? Draw, currently hitting DG's S300's and mostly hit draws and have a harder time hitting a fade. Would not solely beleive it is the saft. My sing misses are draws.

Picker, divot, deep divot? Divot, wouldn't say deep but definately not a Picker.

steep swing? I'm definately a ball sticker and not a swinger.

How do you like the S300's? Do they feel good? Soft? firm? - good to soft. I did get to try the Project X High Trajectory in a 6.0 and liked the stiffness but it I thought it was a higher trajectory of the S300's. I could hit fades with the club but in fairness the demo 6i had a standard lie but I'm currently 2 up.

7 iron carry distance? 165 to 170. Driver swing speed between 105 to 110 Mph.

OP
LyleG

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Lyle:

Did you sale the Project X shaft's. If not I'm considering them but haven't had any luck finding a fitter in my area that has experience or demo's club with them (left handed).

Still for sale

To answer the questions above...

trajectory? Mid to High

Draw or fade? Draw, currently hitting DG's S300's and mostly hit draws and have a harder time hitting a fade. Would not solely beleive it is the saft. My sing misses are draws.

Picker, divot, deep divot? Divot, wouldn't say deep but definately not a Picker.

steep swing? I'm definately a ball sticker and not a swinger.

How do you like the S300's? Do they feel good? Soft? firm? - good to soft. I did get to try the Project X High Trajectory in a 6.0 and liked the stiffness but it I thought it was a higher trajectory of the S300's. I could hit fades with the club but in fairness the demo 6i had a standard lie but I'm currently 2 up.

7 iron carry distance? 165 to 170. Driver swing speed between 105 to 110 Mph.

In all honesty from you have said they would seem to fit you well. Let me know.

Poe4soul

Feb 3, 2006
I am considering them. Right now I'm trying to decide if I would like the flighted shafts over the standard project X shafts.

Why did you decide to pull them?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.