• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pretty good news....

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Our son is just completing his 3-year assignment at the Pentagon. For the past 11 months, he's had orders to go to Ft. Richardson, Alaska once the Pentagon assignment was complete. Was to report to Ft.Richardson... (Anchorage)... on September 10th. Movers scheduled to Ft. Belvoir, outside D.C., to load their household goods the 19th of this month.
Two weeks ago, the Army said he was NOT going to Ft. Richardson. He and his family were devastated. My wife and I were planning on a vacation to Alaska, even though that would have been on the expensive side.
They now have it in stone... again... they will be headed to Ft. Campbell, KY. His early career was with the 82nd Airborne. He'll be assigned to the 101st Airborne at Ft. Campbell. It should be a good career move. And, he'll be back jumping out of perfectly good airplanes.
Ft. Campbell is a hard 9-hour drive from here. We can drive up on a Friday, spend the weekend, and back on Monday. That wasn't possible while they were in D.C. His Mom and I are pretty excited about them being within driving distance. There's talk about training with a group similar to Special Ops... Special Forces. That doesn't have me too excited. But, when he returned from Iraq, he was heck bent on going Special Ops.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
That's awesome. Although 9 hrs in the car would drive me crazy.

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
That's awesome. Although 9 hrs in the car would drive me crazy.

Shoot! I drive well over 30,000 miles/year. Love to drive. Wife and I don't travel really well together, though. Over the years, we've learned to "tolerate" each other on trips. She usually sleeps, crochets, or reads. I do all the driving.
One 9-hour + trip is just a good day's ride. We have relatives in Cheyenne... about 10 hours. We have relatives just west of the Twin Cities... about 9 hours. As long as we're driving something that resembles a real automobile or a truck... I'm fine. Put me in a Civic, Corolla, or some other "skateboard" and I couldn't do it.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Sounds great, limp! Hope it holds up and you get to see them soon!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.