• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pricing Question...

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I have a Taylor Made R7 425 TP that I just bought. Great shape, I'd say 8.5/10. I bought the club mainly for the shaft, Diamana Blueboard s73, love that shaft. I am thinking I am going to pull the head and keep the shaft-sell the head either here or on ebay. I did a search on ebay, and there were a few heads that sold-really high like $125-$130. They were 9.5* though and this is a 10.5*.

Any suggestions for a price on this club? I was thinking of doing a buy it now for $99 and opening the bidding at $79.99. Does this sound to high or low? Any thoughts would be much appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

Here is the link to the club I bought, I can get better pics up if anybody needs it. I was actually outbid and got a second chance offer....

TaylorMade r7 425 TP Driver Custom Diamana BB 73 S 10.5 - eBay (item 280278734822 end time Oct-27-08 12:37:31 PDT)

Thanks Again!!

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I think that your price seems about right on. Although a couple of generations old, the 425 TP is one of the best driver heads ever. Still very desirable. You got a great deal to begin with.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I think that your price seems about right on. Although a couple of generations old, the 425 TP is one of the best driver heads ever. Still very desirable. You got a great deal to begin with.

Yeah I wasn't surprised when I put the bid in and got outbid, I was shocked when I came home from work and had a 2nd chance offer.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I'd think that maybe $80 for the head would be decent.

You might not have it scooped up immediately for that price, considering many(like you) could get a whole set up with shaft and such for that price.

It's a great head though, so you have a really good shot. Only problem is, people are scared to buy JUST the head on ebay, and especially something that was a super high counterfeit club, and still is.

So I'll give you $40 for it. :)

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I'd think that maybe $80 for the head would be decent.

You might not have it scooped up immediately for that price, considering many(like you) could get a whole set up with shaft and such for that price.

It's a great head though, so you have a really good shot. Only problem is, people are scared to buy JUST the head on ebay, and especially something that was a super high counterfeit club, and still is.

So I'll give you $40 for it. :)

LOL, nice try. I have actually had really good luck selling just heads on ebay. I sold an R5 TP head for way more than I thought I would get for it. I am just really clear in my listing and always post the serial #. Seems to work well.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
You still got this 425tp head? I want it! Really really bad!

Yeah, I haven't pulled the shaft yet-but that's no big deal. I will post some pics for you later today if you are really interested, and give you first dibbs (sp?)!

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I remember you saying you were looking for one, Mike. I was gonna inform him if you didn't already hit the thread :)

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Here are a few pics, tried to cover all the angles that I like to see. If not just ask and I will post a few more.
R7TP1.jpg
R7TP2.jpg
R7TP3.jpg

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
What's the story on the black paintfill on the r7 on the bottom? The pics in the ebay auction have the standard colors. Is that just glare?

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
What's the story on the black paintfill on the r7 on the bottom? The pics in the ebay auction have the standard colors. Is that just glare?

Oh, no. The red in the R was almost gone so I removed the rest and filled it in with Black paintfill with a paint pen I go from the Golfworks. I for some reason like the look of the all black versus the red and black.

It can be easily corrected with a little acetone and red nail polish, if you want to that is.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.