• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pro V1 commercial remake, shottalk style

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
ok, i want to know, you natural shot type (draw, fade, dribbler, sky....)

your preshot routine

if you line up the logo of the ball in any certain way

i don't give a crap if you prefer pro v1's or not, um, anything else that was on that commercial

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
3 yard draw.

Preshot routine: No ball washers, tee the ball up with my left hand, line clup up with the right, and think to myself "straight thru and hard". Don't ask, it works for me....

I line up the logo with my line of break.

I don't play ProV's, I find alot of them in the bushes. :p

R35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Helping others find their balls. I'm such a nice guy!

Mines usually the one in the short grass out about 285.... :D

R35

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
Draw

Pre-shot:

A couple swings behind the ball, make sure it feels good, touch the visor brim, walk up to the ball, face club down the target line, set feet, quick waggle, go. It's really fast between teeing the ball and actually pulling the trigger. Usually catch people talking during my backswing that haven't played with me because they aren't used to someone playing that quickly.

With the V1 and V1x, I put the "seam" of the ball down the target line, vertically, so as to increase distance and minimize sidespin. Any other ball, that I can't find the seam, I just put the logo in the "upper left" quadrant.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Natural Shot: Huge Super Giant Slice
Reformed shot that took lots of practice to get to: 10 - 15 yard fade

Pre-shot: Stand behind my teeing area (right side of the tee box), pick an intermediate target about a yard or two ahead of the ball, tee it up with my ball markings lined up with the intermediate target. Stand behind the ball, visualize the shot, move up to beside the ball, 3/4 practice swing being sure to hit my positions, step right foot forward and tap the club twice on the ground and move it into position behind the ball, check Grip Alignment and Stance (GAS), long waggle to feel the start of my swing, look at intermediate target, look at target, look back at intermediate target, look at ball and focus on a specific spot on the ball (preferably near the back and inside), think "smooth tempo through the target line" and just swing.

It sounds like a lot, but it all happens very naturally and pretty quickly.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Natural Shot: Not sure.

I tee it up and check it with clubface to insure that ball is halfway above surface of driver.

Step back - pull left nut slightly. Spit into wind.

Align with target 10-15 yards down range.

Take one practice swing.

Cough twice. Take deep breath. Exhale 62% of air in lungs.

Step up.

LUNGE at the ball...throw out my back- shoot in the air.

Feet come down approximately 5 feet downrange.

God only knows where the ball went.

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Natural shot: it depends.

Preshot:
- Look at my target far away
- Step up to the ball
- Practice swing
- Look at my target far away lol
- Double check I setup correctly
- Whack...

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
natural shot is a fade but i always try to draw.
pre-shot routine: look down range from behind ball pick out a target.

step up to ball take a copule practice swings.

step in to ball check target and alignment look down at ball then back at target.

then pull the trigger and pray.

as far as putting sometimes i use the seem to line up.some days i just set it down and let it roll.i try both ways to see what works that day.

Duckhook Mallard

Aug 27, 2004
Natural Shot - Push Slice (hence the Moniker)

Tee up ball on far right side of Tee box. Step back. Look at Target. Take practice swing in no particular direction. Deep breath. Two steps to ball. Line up to left of target. Last thought is "Load back leg" And that's usually the last thing I remember until I'm brought back to reality by the whispers of "hang on. . . haaaang on...."

Putting - line up logo - two practice swings and go. Very quick (want it to be as reactive as possible, not much thinking)

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
ok, good comments

i don't know what my natural shot is, i'm still deciding which swing i'm going to use, (so many work, yeah i know its hard) i just like dead straight, but b/c of the difficulty to hit that consistently i was thinking about going with a draw, but a fade will work too, i know i can fade on command, its harder for me to get that draw, i've made several swing breakthrough's lately and think i'm on top of things,

anyway, before teeing the ball up i stand several yards behind the tee box to find my ideal tee position, i tee up, very low compared to most and for the size of my driver, i step back, find my target, line it up with something several feet to the ball, take two slow practice swings with my eyes closed, step up with my right, address the ball, extend left and form base. waggle. and smoothly let er rip, hold finish, watch ball sail down the fairway

Bama Duffer

Mar 14, 2005
Natural shot - Draw. Often huge hook. Rarely, huge slice. Even rarer, fade.

Routine is similar to others. (Although Bravo's left nut tug was new to me. I'll have to try that. On my own nut, though.) I try to tee up on the side were trouble is. Step back and take a couple of practice swings. Find a target, then a line. Step up the ball and waggle. Inhale. Hold my breath and pray. Pull the trigger.

Probably the only major difference I've noticed is that I stand over the ball for a long time compared to others before I start my backswing. Are others quick hitters or waiters like me?

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Man I play with some waiters, but they are single digit players so I cannot fault them.

One guy who is a 5 lines up like he is going to drive the ball into the right rough. Then he figits halfway as bad as Sergio, looks up and back to the fairway about three times, takes a deep breath and Holds it. And then he swings...

he is a very consistent golfer and hits many more fairways than I do. He's about 35 years old and although I can outdrive him - I would rather have his consistency.

It just that (obviously) he has this ingrained Outside to In swing that permits him to hit the ball straight, despite being aligned way, way to the right at address..

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Bravo, looks like your partner is a Trevino. Good toolman I presume...

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Loop said:
Bravo, looks like your partner is a Trevino. Good toolman I presume...

Well maybe I am missing your point. Trevino was a fader.

This guy actually is a very consistent Puller. He pulls the ball straight. He aims at the right side of the golf course...because he is going to pull his shot back to the left.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online