• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Problem with wrists...

jonjoyner83

Apr 1, 2006
hey guys, been about 2 years since I posted here last. I have been experimenting (yikes) with my swing. I have no problem rotating, but depending on my wrists cocking or not will determine if I slice, push, or absolutely bomb it. Last night I was at the range and hit probably 300 balls. My first attempts were driving with me cocking my wrists at hip level and coming around full swing. This resulted in a slice that landed about 140 yards out and 140 yards to the right in a big banana shape. The second attempt was me standing more upright and focusing on supination, which resulted in a huge hook that landed in the middle of the fairway on the 1st hole (to the immediate left of the range..yup over the net and everything.) Once I started to lock my wrists until I get to the top of my swing and rotate my hips to the back of the ball, I was slamming the ball about 300 yds, easy. I was really surprised at first as I would hit it and then lose sight of it. So, am I really locking my wrists or am I using a bit of a cocking-mechanism? I also got some terrible blisters on my left index finder, my glove is toast. I know this is from a weak grip at address that I am having to regrip on the downswing. I may be beyond help, just tell me to take up tennis. :dead:

🔥 Latest posts