• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Problems with weight transfer

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Well I've been spraying the ball all over hell and back lately. I've very much been getting stuck on my right side. Either I'll never get my weight transfered(resulting in never getting up on my toe on my right foot), or it seems I try and compensate blowing my arms through(resulting in a transfer to the left, followed immediately by a rock backwards). Sometimes on my backswing my right ankle will roll outwards as well. Here lately it's very rare that I end up in a good finishing position(belt buckle pointed at target, up on the right toe.) I just feel like I'm out of balance and can't quite get the timing and weight transfer right. I've really been considering giving the Stack and Tilt method a go. I don't really know if it would help or not. Might make things worse. But what I've read on it suggests it might help my problems.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I gotta say, though only a bit, I attempted the stack n tilt for my more aggressive shots...and its worked out well.

OP
slickpitt

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
So after 4.5 large buckets on the range today... stack and tilt is not for me.

As far as the weight transfer thing.. I had a conversation with the club Pro that I think helped. My legs have been a bit too active in my backswing. I've also found that speeding up my swing seems to help. Just feels like I have a better tempo.

More range time tomorrow.. I'm beat right now! Damn it's hot!

OP
slickpitt

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
How do you know you were doing the S&T correctly?

Serious question.

Honestly, I don't.

Just trying to go with the fundamentals of the S&T as I understood them. I might have been way off base. But I don't know what else I would do other than watch a few videos and go try, which is basically what I did.

Another issue with S&T is when I put more weight on that left knee in a flexed position like that it hurts. I've hurt my knee over the summer and when I've got a lot of weight on it in a flexed position like that it hurts right under the knee-cap. It doesn't hurt other than that so I haven't had it looked at. Kinda hoping it just goes away :)

OP
slickpitt

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Lesson scheduled Friday at 5:00!

ARGH! :wow:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.