• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

PROJECT TIME!

ChrisLyons

Feb 5, 2013
Owingsville,Ky
Country
United States United States
2002 I think. They were re releaseda few years back, not the tour version just the regular.
That sounds about right. I got my Ping i3 blades in 2000. The next season I traded those for the TA3's. The next season I got the el hozels for a couple rounds and got pissed and traded for the TA7 tours. Horrible mistake. DG S300's don't fit me though. Might have been alright if I had been in a stiffer shaft.

OP
Splunge

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Why do ping models not have ferrules? They are the only ones I have seen like that?

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Why do ping models not have ferrules? They are the only ones I have seen like that?
It's their thing, kinda like most Callaway models use the mini ferrule.

Speaking of Callaway's I might be selling my X-22's and if you're interested I'd make you a hell of a deal. 3-LW (full set). Uniflex shafts and new golf pride multicompound grips. PM if your interested.

OP
Splunge

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
It's their thing, kinda like most Callaway models use the mini ferrule.

Speaking of Callaway's I might be selling my X-22's and if you're interested I'd make you a hell of a deal. 3-LW (full set). Uniflex shafts and new golf pride multicompound grips. PM if your interested.
Don't they a lot of offset, or am I just mistaken?

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Don't they a lot of offset, or am I just mistaken?
Yes they're offset and not exactly what you described. Not going to hurt my feelings either way but it is an option if you think they will work for you.

$200 for all 11 clubs that's roughly $18/club. The grips alone are $10/each. Like I said its a good deal if you think they will work. If not, no biggie.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Not to counter your coach, but offset isn't really what's causing your pull. You can switch to blades and I'd bet $100 that you still pull the ball.

That being said, it sounds like it's in your head at this point the offset=pulls. Some people think offset=hooks. It's more a mental thing. It's your swing that does all that.

Example: I've fought a slice forever. One year I bought a wicked offset Cobra (I think) driver. The offset was supposed to "fix" my slice. Guess what? It didn't and it was one fugly driver. Finally I spent some time practicing, that helped more than anything.

Also, I'm not opposed touting new clubs...it's fun.

OP
Splunge

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
I know it's not offset itself, but the way the ISIK's are set up, if I line the club at adress, and let it align itself, it rolls shut, because of the huge toe weight and all of the offset, and if I had recalled correctly the x22's are the same way. I can play well enough with the ISIK's, it's just really annoying to have to actually turn the club in my hands, to hold it square at adress. I have gamed a few different sets from several friends, and local pro's, with less offset, and by no means were blades, and it was much easier to align the club face square to target, and to not have it fall shut at adress.

OP
Splunge

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Also, any major differences between the i3 blades and the i3+ blades?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
No. The + had a slightly rounder sole and a TINY amount of less offset in shorter irons (.04mm vs .08mm-not even noticeable).

I preferred the look of the i3.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
As Jim said, the I3+ Blades have a little less offset than the I3 Blades. IIRC, that difference in offset is mainly in the longer irons. The biggest difference between the two.... the I3+ Blades have a much prettier plastic medalion in the cavity. :>)

OP
Splunge

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Lol even then not really. I like the looks the same

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.