• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

project x 6.0 or 6.5

pulsar23

Apr 11, 2008
I am buying new iron (titleist ap2). My 6 iron swing speed is 95mph and 188y (carry). My hdcp is 8. Now i play TM r7 - t-step 90g stiff shaft. It's toooo soft for me. So should i buy 6.0 or 6.5 project x. I played with DG S300 and s400 but i don't like it (heavy).

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I am buying new iron (titleist ap2). My 6 iron swing speed is 95mph and 188y (carry). My hdcp is 8. Now i play TM r7 - t-step 90g stiff shaft. It's toooo soft for me. So should i buy 6.0 or 6.5 project x. I played with DG S300 and s400 but i don't like it (heavy).
There are other factors to consider besides swingspeed - what's your tempo like? how about your release?
desired ball flight?

if you thought DGs were too heavy, I don't think Project X shafts are the shafts for you - they pretty much weigh the same
ROYAL PRECISION
True Temper - The #1 Shaft in Golf

OP
P

pulsar23

Apr 11, 2008
My tempo is very quick. agressive..
desired ball flight?.. medium / low spin

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
Try and find some at a shop you can swing. I heard they play stiffer than DGs. I have 5.5's and they definitely feel stiffer to me. I actually like the S300s.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
These shafts are totally different, stiffness is one thing, the tip is another, the PX play tip stiffer and will reduce spin, the X100s though are great shafts, silky smooth, simply brilliant. But they do spin a lot

fredcouplesfan

bring da lulz
Jun 4, 2005
The more descending blow you put on the ball the more you will like the project x, definately not a pickers shaft. With that being said you should try to demo but I'd probably go with 6.5 but its hard to say without seeing your swing.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online