• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Project X ballflight

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I'm about to pull the trigger on Project X's for the tours. I really am not sure what flex to get. The site recommends 6.0 for 180 yard six iron carry, which is about right. But I would like to get a set and soft step once, so I can use all the shafts. So I'm considering 6.5's, soft stepped. I need to bring my ball flight down from the actionlites in the tours.

Any thoughts? Anyone have experience with Project X compared to S300?

How about the X Flighted? Anyone know anything about these?

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Have reshafted my clubs with PX and am happy. Chart says I should using 5.5 so I soft stepped with 6.0 (not flighted) and the flex turned out right for me. I would be careful with soft stepping flighted as may screw up bend points.

Have not compared PX in same clubs with DG-300. Generally have noticed the ball flight to be lower than a low kick shaft. Also more penetrating once apogee reached. Very smooth feeling. I've read elsewhere the kick point of PX is lower as the flex goes up. Have regular rifles 6.0 in Mizzy MP-14s. The PX are smoother with a more boring flight. I considered them well worth the $ for an upgrade.

Let us know what you decide and results.

OP
Clugnut

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Thanks zaphod for the advice on soft stepping flighted's. That might not be cool. Where did you get the 6.0's? Golfsmith only has 5.5, 6.5.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.