• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Project X comment / question

The Salt Vampire

...and loving it.
Aug 14, 2006
Recently had the Project X 6.5 put into my irons and the Spinners into my wedges. I really like the feel of them, very easy to get and keep on line, but am struggling with distance control. My ball flight is higher than with S300s that I had previously.

I think that I have diagnosed the problem. Downwind I am a half a club longer and into the wind about a half a club shorter. Crosswind my distances are about the same. It was weird at first as I would blast a nine-iron over a green and then come back a hole or two later from the distance and come up short. I have always hit a "heavy" ball that went through the wind well, but am not doing it so much with the X shafts.

It seems to make sense that because I am hitting it higher the wind will affect it that more. This seems extreme though. If I can calibrate this (and I will) it should work out.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this with a shaft or equipment change and is my logic logical?

millrivermem

Aug 12, 2008
i had a sort of similar experience..when i got my irons made the guy told me he was putting in xx stiff...so i was like fine then..this going from the regular flex beginner set i had...and my ball flight on a normal swing with no shape or trajectory shaping was higher...and my beginner set the shafts are so soft the head basically made contact when u were in the middle of ur follow through...so i thought breifly i figured that them really felxy shatfs were probably so far behind me that it was delofting my club alot more...and now i hit it correctly...cause i also lost about 5 yards per club..even with the added inch in shaft length

Members online

No members online now.