• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Project-X question

Strider

Mar 16, 2005
I have a question for you clubbuilders out there. I have an extra 9-iron and a couple 5-iron shafts and was wondering if i could cut these down to play in my wedges without changing the stiffnes too much. Could I just tip trim them or would I need to do a combination of tip and butt trim. Any help would be great.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
I would think it would be a butt trim... but that's just me guessing... so I would wait for someone who knows wth they're talking about ;)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
.370 or .355T?

If they're cut for a 5 iron at .370, you're hooped. You'd get away with the 9 iron no problem, and could probably tip it a tad more.

If it's a .355T, then just butt trim to length and swing.

R35

OP
S

Strider

Mar 16, 2005
They are .355t. I figured the 9-iron shaft would be fine. I was hoping I could tip the 5-iron shafts a little so they would not be too tip soft but wasn't sure about how much or if I could at all.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
They are .355t. I figured the 9-iron shaft would be fine. I was hoping I could tip the 5-iron shafts a little so they would not be too tip soft but wasn't sure about how much or if I could at all.

Can't tip taper shafts.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.