• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

prolaunch blue

eli_yates

looking to be scratch
Nov 19, 2007
is this a bad shaft? i mean i like it but i havent been playing for very long i am an incredibly low ball hitter and it definitely helps me get the ball in the air with my hybrid and 3 wood. my driver is still low to mid ball flight no problem with the loft i mean im not slicing it all over the place or anything i actually hit a decent amount of fairways with it when i use it. i use stiff shaft by the way but the graffaloy pl blues are still really whippy shafts and i would honestly like something less whippy what can you guys recommend that costs about the same or within 20 to 30 bucks of the graffaloy prolaunch blue?

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
You maybe be better off buying a different driver in nice used condition than reshafting your 983K. A prolaunch costs in the $65 range. You could buy another 983K with the shaft you want on EBay for less than that.

Anyway, I have little experience with the Prolaunch, but I've heard good things about it from some, not so good from other. I can't imagine it would feel flimsy, with 2.8 degrees of torque, especially in a bore-thru head. As far a shafts I'd suggest in that price range: Aldila NVS, UST V2 HL, Accuflex Creation, oops, not exactly $65!

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
There is nothing wrong with PL Blues. Its a great shaft if your trying to increase your launch angle a bit. I put one into a Killer Bee head a few years ago and liked the feel, just not the flight. The guy I sold it now outdrives me on a regular basis, I used to have him by 15-20 yards easy on every driving hole. It fits his swing.

If your still trying to keep the launch angle, I am not aware of too many other shafts with similar profiles that I could recommend. You may want to try a mid flex club or one with a stiffer tip to see if it helps you, but that may cause a lower launch. The best piece of advice I could give would be to go him some different shafts and see which one works for your swing.

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
I switched to a Prolaunch Blue a few months ago. I was really struggling with my driver for the longest time. I went to the launch monitor and with my driver was hitting the ball about 210-220 and in the left rough with a very low ball flight. As soon as I tried the PL Blue my flight on the monitor was high and I was 250-260 in the fairway. This weekend I played a course with GPS and it showed on one of the holes I hit one 275. I am outdriving my playing partners now and completely sold on the PL Blue. I even bought one for the 3 wood.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
is this a bad shaft? i mean i like it but i havent been playing for very long i am an incredibly low ball hitter and it definitely helps me get the ball in the air with my hybrid and 3 wood. my driver is still low to mid ball flight no problem with the loft i mean im not slicing it all over the place or anything i actually hit a decent amount of fairways with it when i use it. i use stiff shaft by the way but the graffaloy pl blues are still really whippy shafts and i would honestly like something less whippy what can you guys recommend that costs about the same or within 20 to 30 bucks of the graffaloy prolaunch blue?

Graffaloy Comp NT. Hard to find, since they've been discontinued. I've got a stiff that I can make you a good deal on if you're interested.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
the PL by theory isn't really supposed to suit my swing, however in some demo sessions where one was present I always seemed to boom the combo, that being said, I now have one on the way for an experiment driver in 75g and X stiff. should be a fun experiment.

The23rdman

Dec 22, 2007
I play a PL Blue in my driver and really like the launch angle. Had no trouble with dispersion either. Had a 19* Ping G5 hybrid with NVS shaft in it. Man, that thing was a noodle, went all over the place!

Pullmeister

Dec 6, 2006
Pl blue is a great shaft if it fits your swing. I play with a few people who love this shaft especially in their 3w and 5w. Plays true to stated flex but slighly harsh feeling because of its very low torque. I like it it very low spinning heads but otherwise dont really like it.

i've tried the NVS 65 in a few heads and hated it. Noodly POS IMO, maybe the 75 would work better for me.

best cheap higher launching shaft i've tried is the Limey 440 (launches higher than PL Blue IMO), Limey 540 is good too but slighly lower launching than the 440. Sk Fiber shafts might be worth a shot too.

everyones swing is different though , so try out as many diferent shafts as possible..

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
For anyone interested in the PL, Golfsmith is blowing out their inventory of Snake Eyes branded Pro Launch Blues for half price.

SE PL 65 = $29.96 USD

SE PL Fairway = $27.96 USD

I just picked up two of the fairways to replace the stock Fujis in my TE Carbons.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.