• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Prolaunch red???

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I would check your hybrid. The shaft listed is a .355 taper tip, most hybrids are either .335 or .370 parallel tipped hosels.

fuzzyjr

Oct 17, 2007
steel

try one with a x100 or a project x they will def. lower the flight. The pro red is a good shaft, if you want to lower the flight with graphit though try the graffaly blue, not the prolaunch but just the blue, best shaft for lowering flight..imo. rather affordable too.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I would check your hybrid. The shaft listed is a .355 taper tip, most hybrids are either .335 or .370 parallel tipped hosels.

Yeah I thought it was .370 but its not, believe it or not it really is .355 taper tip. Which also makes it really tough to finda decent shaft other than steel...

figjam

Aug 29, 2007
From what I've read the pro launch red is the way to go to lower flight. I think they are a bit of a reincarnation of the old pro lite 35, which had one of the lowest ball flights of any shaft I've ever used. Maybe if you can find a cheap pro lite you might be better off buying that instead, it would perform similarly and probably be alot cheaper than the red.

zclements

Play to the middle!
Oct 9, 2007
i have the new pro launch red in my r7 tp. it is pretty sweet. very tip stiff and a very solid feeling shaft. why are u wanting to lower the ball flight in your hybrid???

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Yeah I thought it was .370 but its not, believe it or not it really is .355 taper tip. Which also makes it really tough to finda decent shaft other than steel...
I'll be damned. That is going to make it hard to find a good hybrid shaft. Ever think about getting it drilled to .370? That would open up your shaft options.

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
I had the Prolaunch Red put in my old driver and really liked it. I think the new Adams A3 and Ping G10 hybrids have that shaft fitted in them, so you could try demoing them to see what you think to it. Personally I found the driver shaft did feel similar enough to the Prolaunch Blue to see why it was in the same 'family' but with the slightly lower launch it was designed to have.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I'll be damned. That is going to make it hard to find a good hybrid shaft. Ever think about getting it drilled to .370? That would open up your shaft options.

I have but dont know any clubfitters in my area that would be able to, and it seems like it would be expensive. SO i may end up just trading it in and getting something else....

clint

Aug 17, 2006
Any machine shop should be able to do it too...and probably for next to nothing.

I have but dont know any clubfitters in my area that would be able to, and it seems like it would be expensive. SO i may end up just trading it in and getting something else....

🔥 Latest posts

Members online