• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

proof you can hit it long with out the monster driver!!

trob

Apr 2, 2006
Went golfing with some friends this weekend that I haven't seen in probobly 5 years. Befor the round I was grabing a bit to eat and Eric says he wants to check out the big head drivers because he's still playing with some old taylor mades. I asked how old? 200 series with the steel shaft. Not an over size head and no graphite. I laughed and said yea maybe you should look at some new technology. Now he isn't a big guy or anything..I would say about 5 ft 6 140pds . He's been golfing for about 5 years. No lessons or anything. Anyway were at a course that has the carts with the gps nav. system so it's really easy to figure out your drive distance. We hit the first par 4...he hits a canon shot. It goes about 305. Next par 4 another bomb...310. Next par 4..yep you guesed it..another 310 yard bomb. At that point I looked at him and said if you get another driver your a f##%ing A$$hole. lol I saw him hit one bad drive all day that just faded right on him. Maybe it is still possible to hit the ball with the old clubs. lol

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I can hit it over 300 with my Warbird. Easily. But, I can almost close my eyes and hit it 300 with my Launcher 460.

That's the difference.

Jack Nicklaus won two long drive championships when he was younger. They used to have them now and then at some events. His last win, in which he won by one yard, was a 363 yard bomb with an old school Persimmon headed driver and those shitty balls they had back then.

Now that's a long drive.

R35

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I have the 200 series 3W and 5W, those things fly. There is a hole that has a dropoff into a gully around 260. My best drives go about 25yds. into the gully on the roll. I got my 3w to the bottom of it last round, a frozen rope. Then I outdrove my dad's driver twice with the 5W, that thing is ridiculous. Both are long and staight, every time I catch one good with the 3W it leaves my wondering why I bother with a driver.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.