• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Proper punishment?

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Over the holiday weekend some teenage boys decided to drive their car on one of our greens. After a couple of doughnuts the green was pretty well destroyed. To make matters worse out greens had been reseeded and sanded about four weeks ago and were absolutely perfect.

These things almost never happen here but when they do it's always the weekenders. In this case the parents let the kids come up by themselves. Idiots. Of course the parents ended up coming anyway so they could bail their moron kids out of jail.

The same kids even tried to break into my neighbors house Sat. night. At least the police caught them so they can be punished.

I know we won't have anything to say about the punishment but it'd be nice if we did. I'd like to make them repair the green and then tend to it every day until it was perfect again. And I'd like them to be on that green all day while people played and let them try and dodge the incoming balls.

No offense to the teenagers on our forum. I know these jerks are the exception and not the rule.

The master

Oct 24, 2004
DaveE said:
Over the holiday weekend some teenage boys decided to drive their car on one of our greens. After a couple of doughnuts the green was pretty well destroyed. To make matters worse out greens had been reseeded and sanded about four weeks ago and were absolutely perfect.

These things almost never happen here but when they do it's always the weekenders. In this case the parents let the kids come up by themselves. Idiots. Of course the parents ended up coming anyway so they could bail their moron kids out of jail.

The same kids even tried to break into my neighbors house Sat. night. At least the police caught them so they can be punished.

I know we won't have anything to say about the punishment but it'd be nice if we did. I'd like to make them repair the green and then tend to it every day until it was perfect again. And I'd like them to be on that green all day while people played and let them try and dodge the incoming balls.

No offense to the teenagers on our forum. I know these jerks are the exception and not the rule.

Thats disgusting behaviour, it really annoys me people doing this sort of thing.

The way I look at it, is they can't have it themselves so they destroy what they can't have.

This has happended several time to are course up around holes 13,14 and 15 near the main road, and houses, the greens have been damaged, countless flagsticks stolen etc... It costs so much to repair.

If I had it my way they would be beaten and taught a lesson.

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Man do I love google. I just looked it up and it's a State Jail Felony under criminal mischief. These dumbasses could go to jail for up to 2 years and be fined $10,000.00.

Bet they don't get to come to the lake by themselves anymore.

Canadriver

Nov 26, 2005
DaveE said:
Man do I love google. I just looked it up and it's a State Jail Felony under criminal mischief. These dumbasses could go to jail for up to 2 years and be fined $10,000.00.

Bet they don't get to come to the lake by themselves anymore.

Hmmmm. I wish we could get that kind of treatment for the family of moose that wreaked havoc on the 3rd and 15th greens at Highview this past Fall.

Well ... actually ... hunting season probably took care of the culprits in our case up here!!:hunter: ;)

EDSGolf

Aug 24, 2005
Make the kids or parents pay for whatever damage was caused to your green.

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
EDSGolf said:
Make the kids or parents pay for whatever damage was caused to your green.

Doesn't look like they'll get off that easy. I spoke with our club manager this morning and it looks like they're going to prosecute with criminal and civil charges.

One of the guys on our board tried to speak with their dad and he acted like we should just let it go. It's no wonder the kids are such jerks.

Oh, and it was two greens, not one. It's for sure going to be enough damage to make it a felony.

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
DaveE said:

i totally agree with everything said here even though i'm a teenage member of this site.
I'm a lucky teenager, golf got me before I got golf. Golf taught me that rules are there to be respected and if the rules are broken there are consequences. Golf isn't just fun it teaches you all kinds of life skills.

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
DaveE said:
Doesn't look like they'll get off that easy. I spoke with our club manager this morning and it looks like they're going to prosecute with criminal and civil charges.

I predict that the dad will offer to pay for the damages as soon as the charges are filed. Call it a hunch. ;)

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Farquod said:
I predict that the dad will offer to pay for the damages as soon as the charges are filed. Call it a hunch. ;)

I would imagine that he'll offer but unless the mood of the board changes it isn't goint to matter. I've also heard that dad is considering selling the house. If he does that people might start to listen.

Knowing that those pricks won't be back would be good news for everyone.

🔥 Latest posts